What to Consider When Buying a Used Jet Ski
When summer is just around the corner, you might start thinking about buying a used jet ski. It’s easy to get excited at the prospect of zipping across the surface of a lake, but before you jump at the next “Yamaha jet ski for sale” or “Sea-Doo jet ski for sale used” ad you see, take some time to plan ahead. When you know what to consider when buying a used jet ski, you can focus on finding the ideal machine instead of getting stuck with an expensive piece of junk.
Typing “used jet ski for sale” into Google doesn’t constitute research. Searching is part of the process, but you should put more effort into other parts, including determining the brand and type of jet ski you want, the price point for these jet skis and the reputation of dealers and sellers. Your research should significantly narrow your choices to the right jet skis for your budget. Checking out the reviews and ratings given to sellers should help you cut the number of choices.
Test the Jet Skis
Just like when buying a car, you need to test drive a jet ski on the water. Don’t settle for the seller just turning on the ignition and revving the engine a couple of times. Insist on taking it out on the water. If this happens to be your first jet ski purchase, take a friend with plenty of experience with you. A seller refusing a test drive is a deal breaker when purchasing a jet ski.
While test driving the jet ski, keep an eye out for such things as blinking warning lights and gauges that don’t work. See how it performs on the water and if it maintains its rpm at full throttle. If you feel comfortable driving the jet ski on the water, then include it on your list of potential buys.
Inspecting the Jet Ski
Even though riding a jet ski may have felt good on the water, be sure to inspect it closely. Check for dents or scratches, especially at the bottom, as damage can be problematic. Scratches and dings on the sides could be due to poor docking or handling, which shouldn’t generally cause problems. However, jet skis that have rust or corrosion around the engine or the pump should be removed from your list.
Your research should reveal the average lifespan of the make and model of jet skis you’re considering. Also find out how many hours the jet ski has spent on the water. Ask if the owner kept maintenance receipts, which is a good indicator of a good owner and a well-maintained jet ski. However, if you discover the owner did a lot of repair work on the jet ski, it might be a sign of a problematic watercraft.
Other issues to consider when buying a used jet ski include the trailer (How will you get it home?), insurance and jet ski freebies the seller might include with the purchase. Discuss any issues with the seller before finalizing your purchase.
- Terms of Service
- © 2023 Ask Media Group, LLC
Mayflower Jetski Tours
- See all photos
Mayflower Jetski Tours - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)
- West Midlands
- Beauty salons and spas Massage , Manicure , Hair salon , Makeup , Haircuts , Chemical peel , Pedicure See more
- Building and construction Apartment renovation , Construction company , Heating and water supply and sewerage systems , Construction work , Landscape design , Floor screed , Tile laying See more
- Business services Magazine , Newspaper , Bookmaker's offices , Passenger automobile and electric transport enterprises , Publishing house , IT Consulting , Co-working See more
- Clothing and shoes Clothes , Online clothing store , Shoes , Women , Adidas , Jewelry , Second hand See more
- Country hotels Fishing See more
- Drugstores Drug stores , Medical equipment store See more
- Education Schools , College , University , Academies , Institute , E-learning , Primary school See more
- Entertainment centres Parks , Swimming pool , Escape room , Golf , Amusement rides , Laser tag , Sports ground See more
- Finance Banks , ATMs , Refinancing , Insurance companies , Currency exchange , Mortgage refinancing , Life insurance See more
- Fitness clubs Gym , Martial arts , Aerobics , Pilates , Powerlifting , Crossfit , Stretching See more
- For children Day care , Children's camps , Nursery , Preparing for school , Children's art center , Baby sitting , Children and youth center See more
- Funeral services Cemeteries , Cremation , Ritual supplies , Grave landscaping , Funeral parlors , Grave care , Funeral arrangements See more
- Household services Pawn shops , Freight & cargo shipping and transportation , Dry cleaners , Tailor shops , Garbage pickup , Photo studio , Video editing See more
- Internet companies Online store , IT companies , Mobile application , IT outsourcing , Data center , Promotion of online stores , Phone service company See more
- Kindergartens Short stay group , 1-3 years See more
- Legal services Consumer protection , Legal consultancy , Labor disputes , Notarial chambers , Law office , Legal service , Compensation for harm to health See more
- Medical centers Hospital , Vaccination , Psychology , Ultrasound , COVID-19 testing , Women's health clinic , X ray centre See more
- Night clubs Dancing See more
- Optician's Sunglasses , Contact lenses , Colored lenses , Online optical store , Multifocal lenses , Lens delivery , Kids' eyeglasses See more
- Places of cultural interest Theater , Museum , Library , Temples , Gallery , Parishes , Chapels See more
- Public services Grants , Inspectorates , Property management company , Post offices , Emergency services , Public organizations , City and municipality administration See more
- Real estate New developments , Dormitories , Real estate agencies , Sale of lots and low-rise houses , House rental , Office rent , Room rental See more
- Restaurants Cafe , Bars , Cafeterias , Food delivery , Pizza delivery , Outdoor seatings , Coffee shops See more
- Service centers Smartphone repair , Laptop repair , Computers , Watches , Appliance repair , Power tools , Door and lock repair See more
- Shopping malls Business center , Shopping mall , Business park
- Shops Markets , Supermarket , Pet supply , Grocery delivery , Tools , Food and drinks , Auto parts See more
- Tourism Hotel , Resort , Tour operator , Guest house , Hostel , Travel agencies , Apartments See more
- Training courses Driving school , USE preparation , Sports school , Professional development courses , Dance school , Shooting section , English classes See more
- Vehicle services Car dealership , Car inspection , Car wash , Window tinting , Tire service , Gas station , Car disassembly See more
- Veterinary hospitals Dog kennel , Dog grooming , Dog training , Cat nursery , Cat grooming , Cat shelter , Hotels for animals See more
- Yoga studios Yoga for beginners , Hatha yoga , Aerial yoga , Ashtanga Yoga , Yoga therapy , Patanjali yoga , Yin yoga See more
- Services and prices
- Mayflower Jetski Tours
Mayflower Jetski Tours is among the most highly rated places of Plymouth across the 'Tourism' category of Nicelocal. It got 32 scores from the users of this website, averaging at 4.9. This organization can be found at the following address: United Kingdom, PL9 9SJ, Mount Batten, Centre, Plymouth, 70 Lawrence Rd.
The geographic system coordinates are: longitude — 4°7′38.46′′W (-4.127351), latitude — 50°21′35.1′′N (50.359752).
Mayflower Jetski Tours works by this schedule: Mon-fri: 09:00 - 17:00; sat-sun: 08:00 - 19:00. You can learn more by dialing a number: 07762 520028. Additional information could be found by visiting the website: mayflowerjetskitours.co.uk.
Users can put together a review in 'Reviews' section to share their opinion about Mayflower Jetski Tours.
- Get a widget
- Report an error
Prices Mayflower Jetski Tours
Reviews about mayflower jetski tours.
- Travel Agencies in Plymouth
Travel agencies in Plymouth
- Hays Travel Plympton PL7 2ZN, Ridgeway, The
- TUI Holiday Store PL7 2ZN, Ridgeway St Stephens Place 16
- St Elizabeth's House PL7 1NJ, Plympton, Longbrook St
- Jet Ski Safaris Plymouth PL1 2NX, Madeira Rd, Boathouse 9 Commercial Wharf
- The Grosvenor Plymouth PL1 2PP, 7-11 Elliot St
- Whimsical Tours PL1 3RJ, Ferry House
Aquatic tourism in Plymouth
- Barbican Reach PL1 2NG, 225 Citadel Rd E
- The Imperial PL1 2QD, Lockyer St, Hoe Court
- The Lamplighter PL1 2RN, 103 Citadel Rd
- Tour operator
- Guest house
- Travel agencies
- Tours to Egypt
- Private tours
- Tours to Spain
- Add your business
- Request content removal
- About Nicelocal
- Nicelocal in other cities
- Blog for business
- Found a mistake? Let us know by pressing Ctrl+Enter
Choose your dates & book online.
More to discover., the finnygook inn, the devonport inn, the edgcumbe arms.
Welcome to Mayflower Marina
Mayflower Marina is located in Plymouth, Devon, and offers both permanent and visitor berthing. Within the sheltered waters of Plymouth Sound and with convenient access to the South West’s outstanding cruising grounds, the marina is an ideal place to berth your boat
As a natural harbour steeped in maritime history and the UK’s first National Marine Park, Plymouth Sound affords the boating enthusiast with everything from sedate cruising to grand prix sailing and powerboat racing events and everything in between. Mayflower Marina holds the Yacht Harbour Association’s prestigious ’5 Gold Anchor Award’ for high standards of facility and excellent customer service.
Our location, weather & tides, marina plan, our handbook, facilities at mayflower marina, car parking, restaurant & bar, pet friendly, key holding, staffed 24/7, toilets & showers, marina gallery.
View some of great images taken at our award winning Marina.
Awards & Accolades
Mayflower400 partner destinations:
- Stories of the Mayflower
Mayflower 400 UK has been presenting three series of digital programmes in the build-up to the 400-year anniversary of the ship's historic voyage.
One of those is Virtual Voyages which showcases the places woven into the Mayflower story.
Watch our episodes below to discover hidden secrets and fascinating insights , told through the eyes of the people who live and breath the stories of the colonists.
Virtual Voyages: Mayflower 400: Legend and Legacy
Enjoy an exclusive guided tour of the Mayflower 400: Legend and Legacy exhibition at The Box in Plymouth.
You’ll also get a glimpse the exhibition’s remarkable wall of descendants, covered in dozens of faces of those who are descended from the ship’s original passengers.
Virtual Voyages: The Homes of Brewster and Bradford
Discover the homes, places and roots of two of the leading figures in the Mayflower story, William Brewster and William Bradford, as we explore the historic villages clustered together in north Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire.
Virtual Voyages: Boston
Discover how the Mayflower Pilgrims made a daring escape despite being betrayed, locked up and hauled before the courts in our Virtual Voyage of Boston, UK.
Virtual Voyages: Dorking
Join us on our Virtual Voyage as we explore 17th century Dorking, the picturesque Surrey town once home to the shoemaker William Mullins and his family.
Virtual Voyages: Leiden
A city walk through the historic city centre of Leiden with our friends at Mayflower 400 NL, while explaining the fascinating story of Leiden in the Golden Age and the role of the Pilgrims during this period.
Virtual Voyages: Plymouth
Discover a Virtual Voyage of Plymouth with a tour of this famous seafaring city, the Mayflower’s final stop before it crossed the Atlantic in 1620.
Virtual Voyages: Southampton
Take a tour of the beautiful walled city of Southampton - a key location in the Mayflower story. The Mayflower arrived in Southampton in late July 1620 and several days later was joined by the Speedwell, carrying the Pilgrims from Leiden.
Presented by Blue Badge guide Julia Brewer and historian Dr Cheryl Butler, our Virtual Voyage looks at some of the fascinating stories of the people who came from the city and played a crucial role in the Mayflower voyage and beyond.
Virtual Voyages: The City of London
Discover the stories behind how the Mayflower’s journey across the Atlantic was funded, the commercial reasons for why the ship sailed and the people involved in financing its crossing in the heart of what we now know as the Square Mile.
Virtual Voyages: Conrad Humphreys and the journey of the Mayflower
In this Virtual Voyage, we speak to triple round-the-world yachtsman Conrad Humphreys about what the journey would have been like for the crew and the Mayflower's passengers.
Conrad, who is based in the city of Plymouth, takes us into Plymouth Sound - the waters the colonists would have sailed before the perilous journey, to give us an insight into the conditions, the tools the skipper would have used and what the boat itself would have been like.
Virtual Voyages: Life after the Journey
This Virtual Voyage looks at the life of the Pilgrims as it was in January 1621.
It explores the Mayflower passengers' first winter in America and how they survived to create their settlement.
Virtual Voyages: Children of the Mayflower
Many of the children who had sailed on the ship died, became orphans or for those who had travelled as wards to other families – they were living in a land in which they did not know how to survive.
In this Virtual Voyage, we look at who these children were, what we know about them and what became of them.
Sign up for the latest Mayflower 400 news
You'll be the first to hear the latest Mayflower news, events, and more.
Mayflower 400 Proudly Supported by our National Sponsors and Funding Partners
Call: 07470 686 138
Email: [email protected]
JURASSIC JETSKI TOURS
Jet Ski Adventures along the Jurassic Coastline
Pricing Jurassic JetSki Tours
If reading all about our unique tours has got you excited you can book now by phoning us on 07470 686 138 or emailing us on [email protected]
Single Rider - £110 per j etski
Double Rider - £150 per j etski
Corporate and Team Building - Package Deals
Hen & Stag Weekend - Package Deals
Filming / PR Work - Package Deals
A £20 deposit per jetski is required at the time of your booking to secure your tour. We accept payment by card or BACs
We offer package deals creating specific tailored trips to charter the j etski for Corporate, Hen & Stag Do Parties, Commercial Use and as Safety Craft and Safety Marshalls.
Gift vouchers available for special occasions and birthdays
Thanks! Message sent.
CORPORATE & PACKAGES
All our corporate packages are tailored to meet and fit your group size. As you can imagine group sizes vary greatly between different groups.
Although our maximum per run is 8 people, we are able to accommodate the larger group. For groups larger than 8, multiple trips back and back forth will be run. Each trip would last approx 1 hour on the water.
- Weymouth Bay
- Navigating the Harbour
- Local Notices to Mariners
- Weather & Tides
- Passage Planning Guide
- Online Payments
- Prices and Online Payments
- Town Bridge Schedule
- Visitor Mooring Booking
- Visiting Us
- Annual Berths
- Fuel Bunkering
- Contractors & Commercial
- Defects & Incidents
- Vessel Arrival Notification
- Your Harbour Group (HCG)
- Applications & Policies
- Useful Links
- Historic Weymouth
- Weymouth Harbour Webcams
- Weymouth on the Water
- Things to Do in Weymouth
- Who to Contact
- Harbours Advisory Committee
- Weymouth Quay Updates
Weymouth on the water; thrill rides and jet-ski tours
Thrill Rides - Head out of the serenity of the harbour and into an adreniline fuelled ride around Weymouth Bay, prepare yourself for an exhilirating ride!
Weymouth bay rib rides.
Jet-ski tours - unique opportunities to take guided jet-ski tours along some of the 95 miles that make up the jurassic coastline. trips run up to durdle door or church ope cove, portland., jurassic jet ski tours.
© Copyright Weymouth Harbour | VHF Channel 12 | Telephone: +44 (0) 1305 838423
Website by Resort