I accept the Terms & Conditions
Don't know what to do?
Get Free Counselling
Why Visit the UK?
- Breath-taking views
- Fascinating history
- Stay in the UK for 6 months
- Impressive artwork
- Pleasant dining experience
- Sporting events
Visit & Stay in the UK for up to 6 months
Take a holiday or visit your friends and family in the UK with a 'UK visit visa'. The UK visit visa is known as the Standard Visit Visa and is used by millions of visitors to the UK for their travel. Y-Axis can help you get your documentation and application right and increase your chances of getting the visa.
UK Visit Visa – An Overview
The UK visit visa is officially referred to as the UK Standard Visitor Visa.With a Standard Visitor visa, you can do any of the following in the UK –
- Excellent holiday spot
- Plan your vacation
- Meet your family & friends
- Attend a conference or a meeting
- Attend an interview
- Volunteer for up to 30 days with a registered charity
- Take part in a school exchange programme
- Study in an accredited UK institution (for up to six months), do a placement or appear for an exam
- Take up a recreational course (such as a dance course) for up to 30 days
- For medical reasons
- An academic from an academic institution overseas can take part in formal exchange arrangements or carry out their own research during a sabbatical
- A dentist or senior doctor can take part in research, teach, or undertake clinical practice (as long as it’s not on a permanent basis)
If you need a prior visa to visit the UK (depending on your nationality), the Standard Visitor visa will have to be applied for online, before traveling to the UK. The earliest that you can apply is three months before the date of your intended travel to the UK. A Standard Visitor visa costs £95 for up to 6 months. Generally, you can stay in the UK for up to six months as a standard visitor. You might be able to apply for a longer stay under certain circumstances. A long-term visit visa (multiple entries) visa for the UK allows multiple visits of up to six months at a time across a period of two years, five years, or ten years.
Requirements for UK Visitor Visa
The documentation required for the UK visit visa includes:
- Personal details
- Salary and financial details
- Travel itinerary and travel history
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
When to apply
Apply for the visa at least three months before your intended date of travel.
Duration of stay
You can stay for up to six months on this visa. You can extend your stay if you have come to the UK for private medical treatment by paying additional charges. You can also extend your stay if you are in the country to attend an academic program.
Long –term visitor visa
If you need to visit the country for a longer period, you can apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa with a duration of either 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months during every visit.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?
Y-Axis is one of the world’s leading visa and immigration companies. Our experience and expertise in the UK immigration process makes us your partner of choice for your visa application. Our teams will help you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
Talk to a Y-Axis visa consultant to get your process underway today.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Sign up for a free consultation
Looking for inspiration.
Explore What Global Indians have to say about Y-axis
UK Visit Visa
Y-Axis Client Santosh applied for UK Vis
Y-Axis Client Mr Aquil applied for UK Vi
Y-Axis Client Bujji Reviews that she App
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get a uk tourist visa from india.
You can apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India maximum 3 months prior to your travel. You should get the decision within 3 weeks once you have paid the Visa fee. However, it can take longer in some cases.
What are the documents required for a UK Tourist Visa from India?
The documents required when you apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India are:
- Latest passport or any other valid travel document
- A blank page in the Passport for Visa and the Passport must be valid for your entire stay in the UK
You will have to provide certified translated copies of documents that are not in Welsh or English.
You may have to provide extra documents if you are re-arriving at the UK:
- For private medical treatment
- As an academic on sabbatical intending to stay for 1 year
- To apply as a donor of an organ
- As a potential Entrepreneur
- To take the PLAB – Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board test or sit the OSCE – Objective Structured Clinical Examination
- In transit to a nation outside the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Ireland, and the UK
Other details that you will require include:
- The dates that you are planning for arriving and staying in the UK
- Details of the places where you will stay during your visit
- Approximation of the cost of your trip
- Your existing home address and the duration that you have been residing there
- The names and dates of birth of your parent
- Your annual earnings
You can also require:
- Your travel history details for the last ten years as per your Passport
- Address and telephone number of your employer
- Name, date of birth and Passport number of your partner
- The name and address of the person if they are paying for your trip
- Name, address and passport numbers of your family members in the UK if any
- Details of any immigration, civil, or criminal offenses if you have committed
How can I apply for a UK Tourist Visa from India?
You have to apply for the UK Tourist Visa online from India. You will have to book an appointment at a VAC in India as a part of your online application. You must also make payment of the required Visa fee.
Your biometric details must be submitted at your appointment. This includes digital face photograph and your fingerprints. The following information must also be carried:
- Your appointment confirmation and fee payment receipt if any
- Print-out of your application form dated and signed
- Your valid travel document or Passport with a minimum 1-page blank on both sides
- Supporting documents in originals and with translation in English if not in the English language
What visas has Standard visitor visa replaced?
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
What can you do or cannot do with the UK visitor visa?
With the UK standard visitor visa, you can:
- Participate in business related activities
- Study in the country for up to 30 days if you have taken the visa for this purpose
- Take part in an exchange program or educational visit if you are under 18 years of age
- Pass through the UK in transit when travelling to another country
However, with this visa you cannot:
- Live in the country for long periods through frequent visits
- Do paid or unpaid work during your stay here
- Marry or enter a civil partnership or give a notice for the same
- Obtain public funds
Cookies on GOV.UK
We use some essential cookies to make this website work.
We’d like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services.
You have accepted additional cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
You have rejected additional cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
- Visas and immigration
- Visit the UK
Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor
Apply for a standard visitor visa.
If you need a Standard Visitor visa, you must apply online before you travel to the UK and attend an appointment at a visa application centre.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.
You must meet the eligibility requirements and only do permitted activities .
Depending on your nationality, you may not need a visa to visit the UK. You can check if you need a visa before you apply.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa, or if you visit the UK regularly you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.
Once you’ve started your application you can save your form and complete it later.
If you’re applying with family members, each person must have their own application and pay the fee. They need to attend their own appointment at a visa application centre.
You can apply on behalf of your partner and child, if they cannot apply for themselves.
Your application will not be accepted and you will not get a refund if you have the right of abode in the UK (for example you’re a British citizen). You need to apply for a certificate of entitlement instead.
Continue your application
You can sign back into your application if you’ve saved it.
Check your email and follow the link to return to your application.
Long-term Standard Visitor visas
You can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa if you visit the UK regularly. This visa lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
If you’re under 18 years old when you apply , your long-term Standard Visitor visa will only be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18. You cannot get a refund on the fee.
You may be given a shorter visa than requested if UK Visas and Immigration ( UKVI ) believe you cannot meet the eligibility requirements for the duration of the visa you applied for.
You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or if your application is refused.
Your visa may be cancelled if your travel history shows you are repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods.
Documents and information you’ll need to apply
You must have a passport or travel document that is valid for the whole of your stay in the UK. There must be a blank page in your passport for your Standard Visitor visa.
You’ll need to provide the following information in your online application:
- the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- where you’ll be staying during your visit
- how much you think your trip will cost
- your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known)
- how much you earn in a year (if you have an income)
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide:
- details of your travel history for the past 10 years
- your employer’s address and telephone number
- your partner’s name, date of birth and passport number
- the name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- a certificate proving that you’ve had a tuberculosis ( TB ) test if you’re visiting for more than 6 months
You need to provide additional documents if you’re visiting the UK:
- as an academic
- for medical reasons
You must provide certified translations of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
Proving your identity and providing your documents
As part of your online application, you need to book an appointment at a visa application centre. Allow time to attend your appointment, as the visa application centre could be in another country.
At your appointment, you’ll need to:
- prove your identity with your passport or travel document
- have your fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken
- provide the required documents that show you’re eligible for a Standard Visitor visa
The visa application centre may keep your passport and documents while processing your application.
How long it takes to get a decision
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
You can check to see if you can get your visa decision faster - this depends on what country you’re in.
You’ll get an email or a letter containing the decision on your application . This will explain what you need to do next.
If you need to change or cancel your application
If you need to change something in your application after you’ve sent it, contact UKVI .
You can ask to cancel your application . You’ll only get your fee refunded if the application has not been processed yet.
Is this page useful.
- Yes this page is useful
- No this page is not useful
Help us improve GOV.UK
Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.
To help us improve GOV.UK, we’d like to know more about your visit today. We’ll send you a link to a feedback form. It will take only 2 minutes to fill in. Don’t worry we won’t send you spam or share your email address with anyone.
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Indian citizens: Complete application guide for 2023
Exploring the United Kingdom, steeped in history and culture, is a dream that beckons countless Indian citizens. To embark on this remarkable journey, Indian citizens must first apply for a United Kingdom Standard Visitor Visa .
In this article, we delve into the details of said Visitor Visa, providing invaluable information and insights for Indian citizens. The application is made easy with our user-friendly online platform or the convenient iVisa app .
From understanding the eligibility criteria to navigating the application process, we assist travelers with the necessary knowledge to streamline their visa application journey. Let’s get started!
Do Indian citizens need the UK Standard Visa?
In short, yes, Indian travelers need a UK Visitor Visa (also called a tourist visa) to enter the country .
The UK Visa holder can visit the United Kingdom for tourism, business, medical treatment, short studies, stopovers, volunteering, or visiting family and friends.
Applicants from India who are under 18 years old must also apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa .
You can add your family members to your visa application by clicking “Add another person” during the application process on our platform.
Types of UK visas available for Indian citizens
There are several types of visas available for Indian citizens wanting to travel to the United Kingdom. Here are some of the most common ones to help you apply for the UK Visa that suits you best:
Standard Visitor Visa: This visa allows Indian citizens to visit the UK for tourism, business meetings, or to meet friends and family. It is typically granted for a short duration, usually up to six months.
Student Visa: This visa is for Indian students who wish to pursue higher education in the UK. It is applicable for courses longer than six months and requires a confirmed admission from a recognized UK educational institution.
Work Visa: This visa is for skilled Indian professionals with a job offer from a UK employer. It is typically granted for a specific job and requires sponsorship from the employer.
Temporary Worker Visa: This visa category includes various subcategories, such as the Government Authorized Exchange Visa, Creative and Sporting Visa, Charity Worker Visa, and more. These visas suit Indian citizens coming to the UK for short-term work opportunities.
Investor Visa: This visa is for Indian citizens who wish to invest a substantial amount in the UK. It requires a minimum investment threshold and offers residency rights in the UK.
Spouse Visa: This visa is for Indian citizens married to a UK citizen or a person with settled status in the UK. It allows them to join their spouse in the UK and eventually apply for settlement.
It's important to note that immigration policies and visa categories can change over time. If you need a UK work visa, student visa, spousal visa, or other long-term UK visas, please find more information on the UK government website .
How long can Indian citizens stay in the United Kingdom with the Visitor Visa?
The UK Standard Visitor Visa is valid for six months after the issuance. You can visit the United Kingdom multiple times during its validity and it allows stays of up to 180 days in Total per entry.
Some circumstances might allow you to stay longer, such as getting medical treatment (up to 11 months).
UK Visa application: Eligibility criteria for Indian citizens
To be eligible for a UK Standard Visitor Visa, Indian citizens must meet certain criteria:
Purpose of visit: You must demonstrate a genuine intention to visit the UK for a specific purpose, such as tourism, business meetings, or visiting friends and family. You should provide supporting documents related to your visit, such as flight itineraries, hotel bookings, or invitation letters.
Financial ability: You must have enough funds to cover your trip expenses, including accommodation, transportation, and daily expenses, without recourse to public funds in the UK. You must provide bank statements or other documents to demonstrate your financial capacity.
Ties to India: You must have strong ties to your home country, such as family, employment, property, or other commitments, which would ensure your return after the visit. This shows that you do not intend to overstay in the UK.
Immigration history: You should have a clean immigration history, meaning you have complied with immigration rules and regulations in the past. Any previous visa refusals or immigration violations may affect your application.
Health and character requirements: You must be in good health and have no criminal record. You may be required to provide medical certificates or police clearance certificates, depending on the purpose and duration of your visit.
It's important to note that these are general eligibility criteria, and additional requirements may apply based on the specific circumstances of your visit.
UK Standard Visitor Visa required documents for citizens from India
When applying for a UK Visa online with us , we ask for the following documentation:
A copy of your valid passport , valid for at least six months from your planned arrival date in the United Kingdom and with at least one blank page.
If you’re applying from outside India, you must provide proof of residence from that country, for example, a green card, an ID card, a residence permit, or a visa sticker in your passport (if applicable).
Bank statements showing your income to prove you can support yourself financially during your trip.
It's possible that the UK government will ask you for more information and other supporting documents to prove your intended purpose of travel.
How to apply online for a UK Visa for Indian citizens
To apply for the United Kingdom Standard Visitor Visa with us, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Fill out your basic details here or through our handy app . Double-check all information carefully.
Step 2: Pay the iVisa processing fee with a debit or credit card or PayPal on our secure platform.
After the payment, you’ll receive a step-by-step guide on how to complete the rest of the application, which documents to gather, and how to prepare for your appointment.
- Step 3: Upload the required documents and attend the mandatory visa interview at the UK Visa Application Center near you.
After your interview, the UK immigration authorities will make a decision. When approved, the visa will be placed in your passport.
Costs and processing time of the UK Standard Visitor Visa
The UK Visa fees and processing time consist of two parts:
iVisa processing: The online process of the UK Visit Visa through us takes up to 30 days for a processing fee of USD $224.99 .
Government processing: The government UK Visa fee is USD $127.00 , excluding the iVisa processing fee. The processing time depends on the workload and your individual circumstances. We recommend applying at least two months in advance.
Benefits of getting your UK Visitor Visa with us
Included in our processing fee are a range of benefits to increase your chances of getting approved:
100% government-compliant: Our team of iVisa Experts will review all submitted info and documents and ensure they’re 100% compliant with government requirements.
Access to our team of iVisa Experts: They’ll guide you through the entire application from start to end. They are available at any time to answer any questions.
Simplified application form: The UK Visitor Visa application process can be notoriously complex and unnecessarily long. With iVisa, the form is shorter and simpler than the one from the UK government, with clear and easier questions.
Fill out the form at your own pace: Make changes whenever you want and save your progress at any time, so you can take a break and return to it later if needed.
Step-by-step manual: Once you apply, we’ll send you a full manual to guide you through each step of the process and all the tips you need to answer difficult questions and prepare for your interview.
Tips for a successful UK Standard Visitor Visa application in India
Here are some tips to help you with a successful UK Standard Visitor Visa application in India:
Start early: Begin the application process well in advance of your planned travel date to allow sufficient time for gathering documents, completing the application, and scheduling appointments, if required.
Complete the application form accurately: Pay close attention to the details and complete the visa application form accurately and honestly. Double-check the information provided before submitting the form to avoid any errors or discrepancies.
Provide strong supporting documents: Submit comprehensive and genuine supporting documents to demonstrate the purpose of your visit, financial stability, ties to your home country, and intention to return after your visit. Ensure that all documents are clear, legible, and up to date.
Financial documentation: Make sure to provide robust financial evidence, such as bank statements, payslips, or tax returns, to establish your financial ability to cover the costs of your trip. Ensure that the documents clearly show your name, account details, and transaction history.
UK Visa Invitation letter/sponsorship: If you are visiting friends, family, or attending a business event, obtain a well-written invitation letter that includes the host's contact information, address, and details of your relationship or the purpose of the visit. If someone is sponsoring your trip, include their sponsorship letter and supporting financial documents.
Demonstrate strong ties to India: Highlight your ties to India, such as family, employment, property ownership, or educational commitments. Providing documents that prove your intention to return to India after your visit will strengthen your application.
Seek professional assistance: If you have any doubts or concerns about your application, consult our experts via online chat. They can provide guidance and assistance tailored to your specific situation.
Remember, each application is assessed on its merits, so it's important to present a strong and genuine case.
Common reasons for UK Standard Visitor Visa refusals in India
While most Indian applicants have no issues getting a visitor visa if they meet the requirements, some common factors that may lead to a visa refusal include :
Failure to provide adequate and genuine supporting documents to establish the purpose of the visit, financial stability, and ties to India can result in a visa refusal.
If you can’t demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your trip expenses without relying on public funds in the UK, your visa application may be refused.
Providing inconsistent information in your application form, supporting documents, or during an interview (if conducted) can raise doubts about the credibility of your application. It is crucial to be truthful and consistent throughout the entire application process.
If you are unable to demonstrate strong ties to India , such as family, employment, property ownership, or educational commitments, it may lead to a visa refusal.
If you have a history of immigration violations , overstaying in the UK or other countries, or previous visa refusals, it may adversely impact your current visa application. A poor immigration record can raise concerns about your intention to comply with the immigration rules.
If you are being sponsored by someone in the UK, such as a family member or an organization, and the sponsor fails to provide appropriate supporting documents, or if their credibility is questioned, it can lead to a visa refusal.
It's important to thoroughly review the visa requirements, provide genuine and comprehensive supporting documents, and ensure consistency and accuracy throughout the application process to minimize the risk of denial.
UK Standard Visitor Visa approval and denial for Indian citizens
When applying for a UK Standard Visitor Visa as an Indian citizen, it's important to understand the possible outcomes of your application. Here's what you can expect regarding approval and denial:
If your UK Standard Visitor Visa application is approved
You will receive a visa grant notice in your passport specifying the visa validity dates and any conditions or restrictions attached to your visa.
Upon arrival in the UK, you will go through immigration clearance at the port of entry. The immigration officer will verify your visa and may ask some questions regarding the purpose of your visit. It's important to provide honest and accurate answers.
If your UK Standard Visitor Visa application is denied
If your UK Standard Visitor Visa application is denied, it means your application has been unsuccessful. The reasons for denial will be communicated to you in the refusal notice.
Carefully review the refusal notice to understand the reasons for the visa denial. This will help you determine whether to appeal the decision (if possible) or reapply with the necessary adjustments.
Where can I learn more?
If you have more questions about the UK Standard Visitor Visa application as an Indian citizen, or about any other travel document, reach out to our customer support team online or by email at [email protected] .
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Venezuelan Citizens: Complete Guide for 2023
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Jordan citizens: Complete guide
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Moroccan Citizens: Complete Guide for 2023
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Turkish citizens: Complete guide
- Logout Login
- Adventure Holidays
- Weekend Getaways
- Driving Holidays
- Travel News
Fairy Tale Towns In Switzerlan
Pink City Of India
Jodhpur Street Food
India Mega Festival
Most beautiful Indian capital
UK tourist visa: How to apply from India, application process and other essential things
Times of India TIMESOFINDIA.COM / TRAVEL NEWS , UNITED KINGDOM / Created : Oct 13, 2023, 09:00 IST
If you have upcoming plans to travel to the United Kingdom, this comprehensive guide provides all the necessary information about the UK tourist visa for Indian citizens. From the application procedure and all relevant details, th … Read more
If you have upcoming plans to travel to the United Kingdom, this comprehensive guide provides all the necessary information about the UK tourist visa for Indian citizens. From the application procedure and all relevant details, this step-by-step manual is designed to simplify the visa acquisition process. Read less
Do Indians need a tourist visa for the UK?
More from Travel News
Who is eligible for a UK Tourist Visa from India?
America's coolest trips for caravaners!
How to apply for a uk tourist visa online.
When to apply?
Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by marking them offensive . Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.
Comments ( ) Sort: Newest UpVoted Oldest Discussed Down Voted closecomments
SIGN IN WITH
Or post without registration.
Photos from Kazakhstan, one of the cheapest international getaways from India TRAVEL TRENDS , KAZAKHSTAN
Most spectacular mountain getaways in Uttarakhand’s Kumaon region TRAVEL TRENDS , UTTARANCHAL
Exploring the streets of Mumbai to discover the essence of Bombay TRAVEL TRENDS , MUMBAI
World’s most breathtaking road trips
Exploring the streets of Mumbai to discover Bombay
Kazakhstan, one of the cheapest international getaways from India
Shillong is prettiest this time of year; here’s proof
Breathtaking biodiversity of Rajasthan’s Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- 1 UK tourist visa: How to apply from India, application process and other essential things
- 2 Assam: Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve all set to reopen for tourists from October 15
- 3 Udaipur set to become country’s first wetland city!
- 4 PM Modi to visit Pithoragarh today; his visit likely to boost religious tourism
- 5 Amsterdam all set to enforce the highest tourist tax in Europe!
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO DESTINATIONS, ITINERARIES, THINGS TO DO, RESTAURANTS, NIGHTLIFE and LOTS MORE!
FOLLOW US ON
Places to visit.
- Places to visit in Bangalore
- Places to visit in Mumbai
- Places to visit in Delhi
- Places to visit in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Hotels in Jaipur
- Hotels in Shimla
- Hotels in Mumbai
Things To do
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Bangalore
- Things to do in Delhi
- Visa on arrival for Indians
- Honeymoon Places in india
- Hill Stations in India
- Weekend getaways in Mumbai
- Weather in Delhi
- Weather in Chennai
- Weather in Bangalore
- Weather in Mumbai
- Goa Beaches
- Mumbai Beaches
- Pondicherry Beaches
- Kerala Beaches
- Restaurants in Bangalore
- Restaurants in Chennai
- Restaurants in Pune
- Restaurants in Jaipur
- Hill Station near Delhi
- Winter trip to Ladakh
- Places to visit in Kerala
- Winter Honeymoon Destinations
- UK visa guide for Indians
- Winter Trip to Manali
- Vaishno Devi Yatra
- Special Train Ticket Booking
- HP inter-state Bus
- Honeymoon Destinations India
You have been successfully added to the mailing list of Times of India Travel. To complete the subscription process, kindly open your inbox and click on the confirmation link which has been emailed to you.
Share with friends
Thank You for sharing! Your friend will receive the article link on email mentioned.
- (For more than one recipient, type addresses separated by commas)
If you have upcoming plans to travel to the United Kingdom, this comprehensive guide provides all the necessary information about the UK tourist visa for Indian citizens. From the application procedur...
- Select Flight
- Fare Difference
- Seat Selection
Get Members Benefit.
Get Members Benefit. Sign Up
- 6E Rewards NEW
- Search FAQs
Please select your preferred language
- English - EN
- Visa Information
UK Visa Guide
Among the lovely countries in Europe, you’ll most likely find the United Kingdom at the top of the charts. Being one of the most beautiful and popular choices to visit for Indians, there are many types of UK visas for Indian nationals. Several people come to the UK for various reasons like sightseeing, studying, or even working. While the rest of the country requires a UK visa to enter the country, some of the other nations can visit without it.
Once you get your UK visa, you can book flights to the UK and delve into the charming English countryside, cruise through the canals, and explore the majestic cities. It is relatively easy to obtain a UK tourist visa from India. To get in-depth information about the different UK visas, you can visit the official government website .
Indian passport holders need to apply for a visa to enter the United Kingdom. For this, you need to go to the official website to get the UK visa. These are the steps to follow:
- Go to the website and choose the type of visa you want
- You can apply and pay online for the visa
- Provide your proof of identity by checking the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ section
- You’ll receive a letter or an email with your UK visa application
You may hear back regarding your UK visa processing time within three weeks. Depending on the country you're in, you might be able to access different services or receive your visa quicker. Click here to know more.
You can check your UK visa application on the official website by filling out your visa application number and travel document number.
Planning to visit the United Kingdom but do not know which visa is perfect for you? This list may help you get the information you need. Scroll below to know the different types of UK visas.
The tourist visa or visitor visa is the most common type of visa to enter the United Kingdom. With the standard visitor visa, you can enter the country for tourism, business, and study for up to 6 months.
Eligibility for a visit visa
- Your passport should be valid throughout the length of your stay
- Confirmed round-trip flight tickets
- Proof of accommodation
- Receipt of payment of visa fee
- At least two passport-size photographs
- Bank statement, as a proof of funds
Visitor visa validity
With the standard visitor visa, you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You will be able to extend the UK visa application under certain circumstances, such as for medical treatment.
Processing time for visitor visa
The UK visa processing time may take approximately three weeks. However, if there are any national holidays in between, it may take longer.
If you get a sponsor from a company in the UK, you will be able to get the UK work visa. UK work visas include the health and care worker visa and the skilled worker visa .
Eligibility for a work visa
- Confirmed return flight ticket
- Confirmed letter from the local company stating your date of joining and other details
In addition to the above, you must also be eligible with the following:
- A qualified medical practitioner like doctor, nurse, or social care worker
- The work you’ll do for the UK employer must be approved by the home office
- You must have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ provided by the employer stating your new role in the UK
- You must receive a minimum salary, depending on the type of work
Work visa validity
Your work visa is valid for up to five years. When your visa expires, you can renew it.
Processing time for work visa
The uk work visas you can apply for without having a job offer.
- British National (Overseas) visa
- Graduate visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme visa
- India Young Professionals Scheme visa
- Apply for the Global Talent visa
- UK Ancestry visa
- High Potential Individual (HPI) visa
To know more about the different types of the UK work visas, click here .
Planning to study in the UK? Then you need to apply for a study visa. There are three types of UK study visa: student visa, child student visa, and study English in the UK (short-term study visa). You can apply for the UK study visa if you are 16 years of age or above. Make sure that you have been offered a course and have a receipt of payment for the course.
Eligibility for a study visa
- Have a valid passport
- Confirmed letter from the university
- Proof of accommodation/hostel
- Receipt of payment of visa fee
Study visa validity
Your study visa is valid depending on the length of the chosen course.
Processing time for study visa
If you have a family in the UK, you can apply for the UK family visa and live in the country for more than six months. This will allow you to live with your spouse, partner, child, parent, or even a relative who will be able to provide a long-term care for you.
Note : If you are planning to visit the UK for 6 months or less, the you can check for a standard visitor visa or marriage visitor visa instead.
Eligibility for a family visa
- Proof of accommodation
- Acceptance letter from the university
Family visa validity
The UK visa for family is valid for 2 years and 9 months. You have the option to extend the family visa.
Processing time for family visa
If you are applying for a family visa outside the UK, you will receive a decision within 24 weeks. And if you apply from the UK, you will receive a decision within eight weeks of your application date. You can also use the super priority service (unless you are applying as an adult to be cared by a relative in the UK). In this case, the decision will be provided within two working days, provided you give all your biometric information.
This type of visa is ideal to help you to pass through the UK. Based on your country, you may need a UK transit visa. You can click here to find out whether you will need a visa for transit. You will not require a transit UK visa if you have an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, have a Home Office travel document (refugee or stateless person), a standard visitor visa.
If you have a long layover and need to stay in the UK for more than 48 hours, or you are a frequent flyer that requires you to stay for more than six months, then you will need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa instead of a transit visa. You can apply for the transit UK visa here .
Eligibility for a transit visa
- Make sure you have a valid passport
- Provide details of your accommodation
- Show proof of onward flight details
Note : Make sure to bring your visa and documents when you travel through the UK.
What to do if I want to visit the UK?
If you want to visit the UK, you can apply for the Standard Visitor visa. This visa is valid for up to 6 months and can be for a holiday or to see family, for a business trip or for a short course.
When is the right time to apply for a UK visa?
The earliest you can apply for a visa is three months before the travel date. If you are applying for a student visa, you can apply it at least six months before the course starts.
Can I apply for the UK visa online?
Yes, you can apply for the UK visa online from the official government website.
What is the processing time for visit UK visa?
Can i get a faster decision on my uk visa.
Yes, you can pay extra for a faster decision on your UK visa application (refer to the website here ). The time taken also depends on the type of visa you have applied for and from where you apply from.
We’re just a ring away.
Have a compliment or complaint?
Chat with us
Questions? We are here to help.
Avoid long queues at the airport and travel hassle-free with Web Check-in. Passengers flying domestic sectors can Web Check-in at any time up to 48 ho... Read more
Customers carrying more than the allowed baggage limit will be charged the following excess baggage fees at the time of check-in:... Read more
Visit the View/Change bookings option on the homepage of our website which has a list of features that allow you to retrieve and re-print your itinera... Read more
Kiosk Check-in is a convenient way for passengers to check-in using IndiGo kiosks located at the airport. Passengers can select their preferred seat a... Read more
Currently, the tickets are non-transferable, hence, name changes on a confirmed reservation are not permissible. You will need to cancel your ticket a... Read more
• On domestic flights you can cancel/ refund till 3 hours prior to flight departure • On international flights you can cancel/ refund till 4 hours pri... Read more
Complete your profile
Your profile details are incomplete, please update your profile to help us serve you better.
Still there? Session has timed out
Select departure city, select arrival city, select passenger(s).
- Adult(s) (>12 years) Book extra seat(s) for less and travel with more space, comfort & 10 kg extra baggage allowance. Add Double/Triple Seat Add Double Seat 1 + 1 Seat Select 1 Double Seat 2 Double Seat 3 Double Seat 4 Double Seat Add Triple Seat 1 + 2 Seat Select 1 Triple seats 2 Triple seats 3 Triple seats
- Children (2 to 12 years) Add Double/Triple Seat Add Double Seat 1 + 1 Seat Select 1 Double Seat 2 Double Seat 3 Double Seat 4 Double Seat Add Triple Seat 1 + 2 Seat Select 1 Triple seats 2 Triple seats 3 Triple seats
- Infant(s) (3 days to 2 years)
Select travel dates
Select your nationality.
Citizens of Nepal and Maldives are eligible for tax exemption/reduction, as per applicable laws, on the airfare. In order to avail such tax exemption/reduction, passengers must declare their correct nationality at the time of booking. In case citizens of Nepal or Maldives intend to travel with any foreign nationals, such citizen (passenger) are requested to kindly book tickets for accompanying foreign national (passengers) in a separate PNR/ticket. Once selected, the nationality cannot be changed at any point during the booking process.
Select Departure Airport
Select destination airport.
Sign In to Digit
- Car Insurance
- Two Wheeler/Bike Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Taxi/Cab Insurance
- Auto Rickshaw Insurance
- Truck Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Super Top-up Health Insurance
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Portability
- International Travel Insurance
- Shop Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Digit Life Insurance (clicking here will take you to Digit Life Website)
File a Claim
File health claim, file motor claim for garages.
- Check Health Claim Status
- Digit Cashless Garages
- Digit Cashless Hospitals
- Become Digit POSP
Marine Open Certificate Issuance
Grievance redressal procedure, check kyc status.
- Motor Insurance
- Car Insurance 25% OFF
- Taxi/Cab Insurance 15% OFF
- Super Top-Up Health Insurance
- OPD Health Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Flight Delay
Claim status, become an agent.
- हिंदी English
Our WhatsApp number cannot be used for calls. This is a chat only number.
Get Travel Insurance for your UK Trip starting from ₹225
Missed Call Facility
Terms and conditions apply*
Where are you travelling? (Origin must be India)
Most Popular (You can select more than one)
- UK Tourist Visa from India
All about UK Tourist Visa from India
Travel. For most of us, it’s the one thing we live for. While all the bookings and itinerary planning are the kind of things we start mapping out from months before, with sheer excitement and planning- the visa to even get to the country in the first place is something we often forget or leave out until the last moment.
A couple of hours away by flight, UK stands as one of the most popular destination Indians travel to abroad. Whether it's to visit many student or expat family and friends, or just to marvel at the beautiful city of London and the countryside's of Scotland and Wales. While you prep and plan for your holidays, this article gives you a detailed outline on how to secure your UK tourist visa from India.
Do Indians need a visa for UK?
Unless you’re an American, Canadian or Australian passport-holder, you have to compulsory apply for a tourist visa to travel to the UK. But don’t worry, a standard UK visitor visa from India takes about two weeks to process and contrary to random rumors, it’s not difficult to get. As long as you make sure you’ve got all your UK visa requirements from India in place and, submit all that’s been asked for.
Is there a visa on arrival for Indians traveling to the UK?
No, unfortunately there is no option to opt for a visa on arrival for Indian passport holders traveling to UK. So, applying for the standard UK tourist visa is the only way to go about it.
What is the fee for a UK tourist visa from India?
The processing fee for a UK tourist visa from India will cost you around USD 97.89 (79.06 Pounds). However, in case you’re using a visa agent to expediate or make your process easier, the agent will also include an additional commission fee.
Documents required for UK Visa
- Ensure your passport is valid for more than 6-months. Also make sure you at least have two blank pages available for the visa.
- Bank statement of at least past three-months to prove you have enough funds for your travel.
- Two 45mm x 35mm (passport-sized) photographs.
How to apply for a UK Visitor visa from India?
- Filling the Application Form - Visit gov.uk and fill in your UK visit/tourist visa application. Make sure you fill in all your details correctly. Any information incorrectly mentioned can get your visa rejected. In case you need help with your visa process or require the process to be expedited, you can also apply through a visa agent in exchange for a small fee.
- Pay for the UK Visa Processing fee - After filling in your form, pay for the UK visa fees via a valid debit or credit card. The standard UK visitor visa costs USD 123 (100 Pounds) for up to 6 months.
- Book your interview appointment - After the completion of your payment, you will be asked to book your interview date. Ensure that your appointment is on a date you are available. In case you want to reschedule your appointment, you will be required to fill in the UK visa application all over again!
- Carry your documents - While you go for your appointment, ensure you have printed copies of your application form, your UK visa fee receipt, and of course your passport
- Additional Documents - Additionally, it’s also handy to have documents such as your tentative flight bookings, hotels, your UK travel insurance world cup tickets, copies of your passport, etc just in case they ask for it. Supporting documents always make your application for a UK visitor visa from India stronger.
- UK Tourist Visa Processing Time - A standard UK tourist visa from India should generally take up to 2 weeks to process. But, just to be on the safe side, it’s always better to apply at least 3 weeks before.
- Travel Insurance for UK - People often ask, “do I really need travel insurance for UK?” and as mentioned earlier, it’s always better to be on the safe side and have one! Even if you’re not taking it to support visa documents, a travel insurance will protect you from all unfortunate situations whilst you’re traveling. The same can be bought online at any point before your travel.
6 Reasons to buy Travel Insurance for UK
- Traveling all the way to the UK is not a cheap affair. Moreover, if you’re traveling there for the world cup, we all know how pricey those stadium tickets are! The last thing you want is to be spending any more money on unplanned situations.
- Moreover, travel insurance today is not expensive and it's always a wiser choice to be safeguarded against any unplanned financial losses that may come your way whilst traveling. For instance; a digit travel insurance for UK for a one-week trip could cost you as less as ₹ 225 (GBP 2.25) (without GST), which is even lesser than what an average meal will cost you during your trip, let alone the cost of anything else!
- From small hiccups like flight delays, a travel insurance will compensate you with your time and money that you would otherwise spend waiting at the airport.
- If you’re going during the world cup, it’s bound to be packed with tourists and lots of tourists calls for petty crimes! But fret not, if you have a travel insurance in place, you will be covered in case of thefts, loss of passport or even legal bonds.
- In unfortunate cases where you fall ill during your holiday or run into a medical emergency- your travel insurance will cover you against all required expenses.
- Travel insurances today also cover adventure sports abroad, so no matter what-you will be protected through anything and everything during your trip 😊 Additionally, having a travel insurance also strengthens your UK tourist visa application from India.
Know more about:
- How to Compare Travel Insurance Online?
- Visa Free Countries for Indian Citizens
Is Travel Insurance Mandatory for Visa?
Finally, we hope you get through the UK visa process and with another stamp on that passport and an adventure to look forward to, we wish you a happy holiday and of course, let’s hope the best team wins the world cup! 😉
FAQs about UK Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Does my passport need to be valid for a certain period before i apply for a visa to visit the uk.
Yes, your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 more months when you apply for a Visa to the United Kingdom. You can face rejection if the passport expires sooner.
What happens to my application fees if the Visa is rejected?
There is no option of refunding the application fees even if your application is rejected. It is best to follow every guideline carefully before applying to avoid such a circumstance.
Does the United Kingdom provide Visa-on-arrival provisions for Indian passport holders?
No, the United Kingdom does not provide any such facility. You have to apply with proper documentation well in advance.
How do I prove my financial well-being to the authorities in charge?
As part of the documentation, you will need to provide copies of your bank statements from the previous 3 months. They will reflect your financial condition.
Who has to sign for a minor when visiting the United Kingdom?
The parent or legal guardian has to sign on behalf of the minor to complete the application process. A copy of the minor’s passport and a consent letter of the parent/guardian also have to be provided while applying.
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Travel Insurance for USA from India
Travel Insurance from India to UK
Travel Insurance for Bali from India
Travel Insurance for Canada from India
Travel Insurance for Singapore from India
Travel Insurance for Thailand from India
Travel Insurance for Turkey from India
Travel Insurance for Dubai from India
Travel Insurance for Australia from India
Travel Insurance for Germany from India
Travel Insurance for Malaysia from India
Travel Insurance for Maldives from India
Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka from India
Travel Insurance for France from India
Travel Insurance for Spain from India
Travel Insurance for Ireland from India
Travel Insurance for Switzerland from India
Travel Insurance for Italy from India
Travel Insurance for China from India
Travel Insurance for Japan from India
Travel Insurance for Belgium from India
Travel Insurance for Vietnam from India
Travel Insurance for Philippines from India
Travel Insurance for Great Britain from India
Travel Insurance for Oman from India
Travel Insurance for England from India
Travel Insurance for Serbia from India
Travel Insurance for Jordan from India
Travel Insurance for Egypt from India
Travel Insurance for Kuwait from India
Travel Insurance for South Africa from India
Travel Insurance for Mexico from India
Travel Insurance for Schengen from India
Travel Insurance for Turkey
Travel Insurance for Austria
Travel Insurance for Cuba
Travel Insurance for the Czech Republic
Travel Insurance for Denmark
Travel Insurance for Estonia
Travel Insurance for Ecuador
Travel Insurance for Finland
Travel Insurance for Greece
Travel Insurance for Hungary
Travel Insurance for Iceland
Travel Insurance for Latvia
Travel Insurance for Liechtenstein
Travel Insurance for Lithuania
Travel Insurance for Luxembourg
Travel Insurance for Malta
ravel Insurance for Netherland
Travel Insurance for Norway
Travel Insurance for Poland
Travel Insurance for Portugal
Travel Insurance for Qatar
Travel Insurance for Russia
Travel Insurance for Slovakia
Travel Insurance for Slovenia
Travel Insurance for Sweden
Travel Insurance for Seychelles
Travel Insurance for Mauritius
Travel Insurance for Nepal
Travel Insurance for Bhutan
Travel Insurance for Hong Kong
Travel Insurance for Saudi Arabia
Travel Insurance for Croatia
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Tourist Visa for USA from India
Bali Visa for Indians
Maldives Visa for Indians
Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians
Canada Tourist Visa from India
Australia Tourist Visa from India
Thailand Visa for Indians
Germany Visa from India
Malaysia Tourist Visa from India
Turkey Visa for Indians
How to get Visa for Sri Lanka from India
How to get Tourist Visa for Dubai
How to apply for France Visa from India
Ireland Tourist Visa from India
Spain Visa from India
How to get Visa for Switzerland from India
How to get Visa for Italy from India
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from India
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
Philippines Visa for Indians
Seychelles Visa for Indians
Vietnam Visa for Indians
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
How to Get Visa for Saudi Arabia from India?
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions mentioned in your policy schedule and policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Download International Travel Insurance Policy Wordings
Click here for Policy wordings
- Digit Insurance
Last updated: 2023-11-10
Get our app
- Bus Insurance
- Tractor Insurance
- Commercial Van Insurance
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance
- Heavy Vehicle Insurance
- Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Third Party Insurance
- E-Rickshaw Insurance
- Electric Car Insurance
- Pay As You Drive
- Electric Bike Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Wellness Benefits
- Diabetes Health Insurance
- Family Floater VS Individual Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Parents
- Health Insurance Plans for Family
- How to Lower Your Health Insurance Premium
- Indemnity Health Insurance
- Individual Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Health Insurance Tax Benefits
- Health Insurance for Senior Citizen
- Health Insurance in Bangalore
- Corona Health Insurance
- Health Insurance covering Critical Illness
- Family Floater Health Insurance
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Cashless Bike Insurance
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Classic Insurance
- Best Scooty in India
- How to Transport a Bike by Train
- Difference between Torque & BHP in Bikes
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- CNG Car Insurance
- Own Damage Insurance
- Popular Car Insurance
- Car Segment Guide
- What is RPM in Cars
- Property Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Burglary Insurance
- Building Insurance
- Office Insurance
- Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
- Bharat Laghu Udyam Suraksha Policy
- Bharat Sookshma Udyam Suraksha Policy
- Home Insurance for Home Loan
- Pet Insurance
- Mobile Insurance
- Home Insurance Premium Calculator
- Top Low-Investment Franchise Businesses in India
- Assessing Officer of Income Tax Department
- Identity Theft & Frauds
- What is Financial Planning
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors' Plant and Machinery Insurance
- What is Micro-enterprise
- Difference Between Trademark and Patent
- Different Types of Industries
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- Income Tax Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- BMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- EPF Calculator
- Atal Pension Yojana Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Vehicle Road Tax Calculator
- Online GST Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- 80D Deduction Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Ovulation Calculator
- Invoice Generator
- PDF to JPEG Converter
- Rent Receipt Generator
- What is Credit Score
- What is Public Provident Fund
- What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Property Tax Guides
- Road Tax Guides
- How to Apply for Reissue of Passport
- Income Tax Slabs in India
- What is Atal Pension Yojana Scheme
- Everything about EPF
- Financial Planning for Women
- Financial Planning for Salaried Employees
- Everything about NPS
- ULIP vs Mutual Funds
- What is Basic Salary
- What is Professional Tax
- Everything about Annuity
- What is UPI Reference Number
- QR Code Guides
- Investment Guides
- Aadhaar Card Guides
- Is KYC Mandatory for Buying Insurance
- Everything about GST
- GST Registration in India
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Government Holidays in India
- Indian Passport Rank
- PAN Card Guides
- Business Insurance Guides
- Best Business Ideas
- What is Custom Duty
- What is Debenture
- What is Nominal Account
- How to Drive a Car
- PUC Certificate
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- New Traffic Fines
- Fine for Driving without Helmet
- Types of Driving Licence in India
- Driving Licence in Delhi
- Driving Licence in Bangalore
- Driving Licence in Jaipur
- Bangalore Traffic Fines
- Pune RTO Fine
- RTO Ahmedabad
- RTO Bangalore
- RTO Lucknow
- RTO Chennai
- Reasons for Visa Rejection
- Check UK Visa Application Status
- Schengen Travel Insurance
- Thailand Travel Insurance
- USA Travel Insurance
- Dubai Travel Insurance
- What Is Bangkok Famous For?
- Best Countries to Visit in August
- Best Beaches in the Maldives
- How to Get PR in Australia
- Countries with Easy Work Visa Process
- Foriegn Embassies in India
- Indian Embassies in Foriegn Countries
- Travel Insurance covering Adventure Activities
- Lost Your Passport When Travelling
- Apply for Schengen Visa from India
- Minimise the Cost of Travel Insurance
- How to Get International Driving License
- India Travel Guides
- Student Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Digit Insurance Reviews
- Car Insurance Reviews
- Bike Insurance Reviews
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Reviews
- Travel Insurance Reviews
- Health Insurance Reviews
- Mobile Insurance Reviews
- General Insurance Agent
- Health Insurance Agent
- Motor Insurance Agent
- Everything about DigiLocker
- Bank Branch Locator
- IFSC Code Finder
- Excise Duty on Fuel in India
- Which Fuel is Used in Aeroplane
- Deductions & Exemptions Under the New Tax Regime
- Cooling System in Automobiles
- Importance of Motorcycle Helmets
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka | Trade logo of Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. displayed above belongs to Go Digit lnfoworks Services Private Limited and is provided and used by Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. under license.
020-49027000 / 020-25550000
- Visa Requirements
- United Kingdom
UK Tourist Visa Requirements for Indians
Indian passport holders who are willing to apply for a UK Tourist visa can find the necessary visa information on this page. In the following, you can find UK Tourist visa requirements which mainly include the visa documents and eligibility criteria. General guidelines to be followed at the time of submission of United Kingdom Tourist visa documents are mentioned on the page. For further visa consultation, you can contact BTW Visa Executives.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
Following is the list of documents required for UK Tourist visa for Indians.
A passport is a document that is required at the time of international travels. It is issued by the government of the country to verify the identity and nationality of the candidate.
The submitted passport must meet the parameters given below
- It must have minimum two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- It must be original and genuine.
- It must be valid for 6 months ahead of the span of stay.
- It must not be torn, ripped, split, or damaged in any kind of way.
One cannot cross international boundries without the passport. It is considered a criminal offense otherwise.
An old passport is a passport that has expired or is completely stamped. In the visa processing, it is required to track the travel history of the applicant.
If available, the old passport must also be provided meeting the given criteria
- If any of the traveler has old passport, it must be submitted along with latest passport.
- It must be original and in a good condition to access the required information.
Without the old passport, you cannot get the visa stamp. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
The photo is provided to the authority so that you can be identified based on the same.
The photographs must be provided as per the given photo specifications
- It must cover face 80% of the frame.
- It must be clicked on an all white background.
- Two copies to be submitted with general photo guidelines.
- It must be of proper size with dimensions of 35x45 mm (length - 45mm, breadth - 35mm).
- It must have a matte finish.
- It must be a recent photograph.
- The expressions on the face must be neutral, there must not be any kind of smiling of frowning in the photograph.
- Any kind of glasses must not be worn in the photograph.
- The hair must be tied back so that the face is clearly visible.
- The ears must be visible clearly.
- It must not have any headgear worn apart from religious reasons.
- It is to be taken care that your teeth do not show in the photograph.
Recent pictures are mandatory as old pictures can cause the authorities to reject your application.
An air ticket is a ticket or pass that is possessed by the traveller who is taking a flight for travelling from one location to another.
It is an important document and it should be submitted for the given reason
- if booked -(as we recommended do not book ticket until visa not approved )
- It must be confirmed for the complete round trip.
An air ticket shows your course of travel and confirms your return to the native country.
Covering Letter consists of traveler's information, Itenarary, detailed travel Information, trip expense details and your return guarantee to the home country.
The covering letter provided by the visa applicant should be acceptable based on the following guidelines
- It must mention other details as well as per the Consular's request.
- It must mention the accommodation details of the applicant.
- It must mention the person who will be bearing all the expenses during the trip, if not travelling alone.
- It must specify the traveller's relationship with the fellow travellers if not travelling alone.
- It must clearly specify the traveller's purpose of visit.
- It must mention the travel dates as per the invitation letter or the booked flight tickets.
- It must mention all the details as per the passport.
Covering letter is the first document that is seen by the consular. If the covering letter is not appropriate, it may cause your visa to get rejected as well. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
Bank statement is a document that issued from the bank. This is obtained for the savings bank account to show ratify if you will be able to support your stay in the country.
The Bank statement is a mandatory document and it should meet the following criteria
- It must be evident of healthy balance amount in the account.
- It should have the seal and signature acquired on every page.
- It must be provided with authentic seal and signature from the bank.
- It must be original and obtained from the savings bank account.
- It must be original and should have the bank's stamp and signature on every page.
If the Bank Statement doesn't show enough funds or shows irrelevant expenditure, it could lead to visa rejection on financial means. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
An income tax return is a document that is a record of the tax that is paid to the government by the concerned tax paying citizen.
The proof of income tax returns must match the provided parameters
- The Income tax returns should be specified with an ITR-V for last 3 years.
- It must be provided with a legitimate documentary proof of the payment of income tax.
One cannot leave the country if they do not provide appropriate proof of tax payment. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
Itinerary is a travel document that contains the details of travel schedule of the one who is going on the trip.
- The Itinerary must contain detailed information about your day-to-day plans.
- It must mention the day to day schedule and plans and program while in the country.
The itinerary must have proper and detailed information of the traveller's routine. Even if a single detail is missed out, it could affect the visa interview. Professional visa consultation is recommended.
A hotel voucher is a ticket provided by the hotel of residence to the customers who are taking an accomodation in the hotel.
It should be submitted as per the following
- if booked -(as we recommended do not hotel until visa not approved )
- It must be provided to ratify the purpose of visit and as proof of accommodation as well.
If you are staying in a hotel during your time in another country, a hotel voucher must be provided as proof of accommodation.
For detailed information, Please go through UK Tourist Visa for Indian - Definitive Guide
Eligibility for getting United Kingdom Tourist Visa:
In order to be eligible to travel to the country on a visa, you will have to meet the following eligibility criteria.
Be a genuine traveller- You must have a valid and good intention behind travelling to the country.
Eligible to bear all expenses - You must possess sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents throughout the stay.
Reasons to return - You must have strong ties in your home country that will ensure that you will return after your stay.
Be of good character - You must have a clean criminal track record and be of good character. You may have to provide PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for the same.
Be in good health - You must at least meet the minimum health requirements required by the authorities.
- You must be a genuine travelling enthusiast wanting to explore the country.
- You must already have the necessary travel arrangements made to prove your intention to visit.
Visa Fees for United Kingdom Tourist Visa:
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted, so It's recommonded to get the professional visa consultation. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your visa application .
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
To know all details like process, eligibility, fees etc. Please refer UK Tourist Visa for Indian
Applied for Dubai visa and received in 2 days flat. Thank you Navanath & Avinash for quick & reliable visa Service. No need of hard copy document & physical visits. It is also cheaper than many other travel agencies. Mr. Kapil Pailwan
Sarang, you got it done man! I had to get done my Taiwan visa. Sarang guided me very well. This visa might bring some complications in terms of medical documentation but trust me he will take you though this very well. 5 out of 5 for you, Sarang! Cheers, Warmly, BHAGYESH DEO Mr. Bhagyesh Deo
We would like to thank BTW visa services and especially Vineet and Shrushti for assisting us for our USA & Schengen visa. We got all possible assistance from the staff. Awesome services You just have to give them necessary documents and everything else is taken care of. Will surely come back to you guys for our next visa. Mrs. Sayali Gujar
Do You Want Approved Visa ?
Enter your details to get in touch with Expert Visa Consultant.
Required Documents are not available.
Verify OTP Resend OTP Please enter valid OTP.
Enquiry can not be processed for following reasons
Apply for Visa Online
Are you struggling with your visa application.
- 255235+ Visa Processed
- 35765+ Clients
Our expert Visa consultants are waiting to help you!
Get your visa FASTER with our Visa experts!