The next level of international health insurance for body and mind, at home or abroad.
Why Bupa Global?
With over 50 years of medical expertise and a network of just over 1.7 million healthcare providers worldwide, including the U.S., Bupa Global offers a premium range of private healthcare plans, meaning with us, you truly are a private patient - at home or away. At Bupa Global we believe that mental health and wellbeing are just as important as physical health. To support this, both annual and monetary limits across our plans for in-patient and day-patient mental health treatment are the same as for physical health. We also include cover for ADHD, addiction, and self-inflicted injuries. We also offer support via Global Virtual Care, available via the MembersWorld app, which provides you with access to a global network of doctors, offering medical guidance and consultations, plus same day virtual appointments – available 24/7.
Get direct access to specialist care from some of the world's leading medical experts without having to wait for a referral
The same premium level of medical cover for body and mind, whether you’re at home or abroad
Choose when and where you receive your treatment, within your area of cover
What else can my health plan include?
We don't cover everything though, so it’s important you understand the waiting periods, limitations and exclusions of your health plan .
How does Bupa Global support me?
Personal relationship manager to help you make the most of your plan
24/7 multilingual telephone assistance for support when you need it
The option to manage your health plan online via our MembersWorld website
Who is Bupa Global for?
Our premium health plans are designed for those wanting the highest level of cover available from Bupa; plans that suit their needs.
Ready to get International Health Insurance?
Global Virtual Care and Second Medical Opinion are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority nor by the Prudential Regulation Authority. These services are provided by a third party, directly to you. Bupa Global assumes no liability and accepts no responsibility for information provided by this third party; or the performance of the services. Support and information provided through this service does not confirm that any related treatment or additional support is covered under your health plan. These services are not intended to be used for emergency or urgent medical treatment.
Bupa Global is a trading name of Bupa Insurance Limited and Bupa Insurance Services Limited which are registered in England and Wales at Companies House under numbers 3956433 and 3829851 respectively. The registered offices are Bupa, 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ, UK. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate the activities of Bupa Insurance Limited that take place outside of the UK. Bupa Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Financial Registration numbers of Bupa Insurance Limited and Bupa Insurance Services Limited are 203332 and 312526 respectively.
- Privacy Notice
- Legal Notice
- Media Center
- +852 2114 2840
- Emergency Evacuation
- Alternative Therapy
- Newborn Child Insurance
- Deductibles and excesses
- Waiting Periods
- Coverage Areas
- Whole of Life
- Seven Corners
- Specialty Countries
- United Arab Emirates
- Global Travel Insurance Plans
IHI-Bupa Travel Insurance
Cooper Claridge-Ware is able to provide high quality international travel insurance coverage from leading insurance company IHI-Bupa in the form of the company’s Worldwide Travel Options plan.
IHI-Bupa Travel Insurance Protection
This travel insurance policy is designed specifically for the modern traveller, and is able to provide high levels of flexibility and ease-of-use. Including a bespoke mobile application in the form of the MyCard App directly from the Insurance Company, and offering a 24/7/365 claims hotline, policyholders with an IHI-Bupa Worldwide Travel Options policy are assured of receiving the assistance they need, when they need it.
With worldwide coverage, extensive medical and health insurance protection, and the option to add a range of non-medical umbrella coverage benefits, the high quality travel insurance plan from IHI-Bupa is one of the best short term trip insurance plans currently available on the international market.
Comprehensive Medical Protection
The Worldwide Travel Options plan starts with comprehensive medical insurance at the core of the policy’s coverage offering. You are able to purchase the basic medical coverage as either a standalone policy, or add one of the other non-medical protection modules to this portion of the plan.
Unlimited Medical Protection – No Limits on the coverage you receive
Inpatient treatment coverage, outpatient treatment coverage, emergency evacuation and repatriation protection, mugging and assault medical insurance, repatriation of mortal remains in the event of death, no deductibles or excesses, non-medical coverage option.
When you purchase your short term health insurance protection with the Worldwide Travel Options plan you will also be given the ability to add a range of umbrella coverage benefits to the plan through the optional Non-Medical Coverage selection. In order to obtain the Non-Medical coverage available through this plan policyholder’s must first have purchased the Basic Cover for health insurance.
Personal Accident Insurance – coverage for death or disability
Loss of baggage insurance, baggage delay cover, passport and cash theft insurance, personal liability insurance, travel delay protection, missed flight connection protection, security and legal assistance coverage, trip cancellation protection.
The final option available under the Worldwide Travel Options policy from IHI-Bupa is in the form of a Trip Cancellation coverage benefit.
Available in addition to the Basic Coverage Medical Protection, the Trip Cancellation option will cover you against the cost of a cancelled journey (providing reimbursement for non-refundable deposits and the like) in the event that you are unable to travel due to acute illness, injury, or death.
In order to obtain the Trip Cancellation option you must first purchase the Basic Cover option. However, you are able to receive coverage for the Trip Cancellation benefit without purchasing the Worldwide Travel Options Non-Medical Coverage option.
IHI-Bupa Worldwide Travel Option plans will have their premiums calculated based on two main factors. These are:
- The Age of the Policyholder
- The total duration of the intended trip
Free Quotes and More Travel Insurance Help
If you would like additional assistance in finding the correct travel insurance policy for your needs, please Contact Us Today ! Our expert Global Insurance Brokers can help answer all your travel insurance questions and can provide hand crafted quotations if you are unsure about buying your coverage directly through this website.
We have received your enquiry, it may take us 1-2 working days to respond to your enquiry. In case of urgent assistance please call our office at (+852) 2114 2840 during business hours.
Why Travel Insurance?
Got Questions? Ask us!
Quick buttons, insurance plans, free quotation, email [email protected].
WhatsApp +65 9175 6942
Phone Number +65 6551 2861
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
- Best Global Medical Insurance Companies
- Student Insurance
- Overseas Health Insurance
- Insurance for American Expats Abroad
- Canadian Expats – Insurance and Overseas Health
- Health Insurance for UK Citizens Living Abroad
- Expat Insurance for Japanese Abroad
- Expat Insurance for Germans Living Abroad
- Travel Medical Insurance Plans
- Visitors Insurance
Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies
- Evacuation Insurance Plans
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
International Life Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Top Group Global Medical Insurance
- Corporate and Employee Groups
- Missionary Groups
- Volunteer Programs and Non-Profits
- School Groups
- Foreign General Liability for Organizations
- Cigna Close Care
- Cigna Global Health Insurance
- Cigna Healthguard
- Xplorer Health Insurance Plan
- Navigator Student Health Insurance
- Voyager Travel Medical Insurance Plan
- Trekker Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
- Global Medical Insurance Plan
- Patriot Travel Insurance
- Global Prima Medical Insurance
- Student Health Advantage
- Patriot Exchange – Insurance for Students
- SimpleCare Health Plan
- WorldCare Health Plan
- Seven Corners Travel Insurance
- SafeTreker Travel Insurance Plan
- Unisure International Insurance
- William Russell Life Insurance
- William Russell Health Insurance
Atlas Travel Insurance
- StudentSecure Insurance
- Compare Global Health Insurance Plans
- Compare Travel Insurance Plans
- Health Insurance in the USA
- Health Insurance in Mexico
- Health Insurance in Canada
- Health Insurance in Argentina
- Health Insurance in Colombia for Foreigners
- Health Insurance in Chile
- UK Health Insurance Plans for Foreigners
- Health Insurance in Germany
- French Health Insurance
- Italian Health Insurance
- Health Insurance in Sweden for Foreigners
- Portuguese Health Insurance
- Health Insurance in Spain for Foreigners
- Health Insurance in China
- Health Insurance in Japan
- Health Insurance in Dubai
- Health Insurance in India
- Thailand Health Insurance
- Malaysian Health Insurance for Foreigners
- Health Insurance in Singapore for Foreigners
- Australian Health Insurance for Foreigners
- Health Insurance in New Zealand
- South Africa Health Insurance for Foreigners
- USA Travel Insurance
- Australia Travel Insurance
- Mexico Travel Insurance
- News, Global Health Advice, and Travel Tips
- Insurance Articles
- Travel Advice and Tips
- Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Best Hospitals in the United States
- Best International Hospitals in the UK
- Best Hospitals in Mexico
Or call for a quote: 877-758-4881 +44 (20) 35450909
International Citizens Insurance
Medical, Life and Travel Plans!
U.S. 877-758-4881 - Intl. +44 (20) 35450909
Bupa International Health and Travel Insurance
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. They provide expatriates with global medical coverage in select countries around the globe. Bupa Global alslo offers group health coverage to companies, non-profits, and organizations throughout the world. They have offices around the world including the UK, the US, Denmark, Dubai and Hong Kong.
It has won numerous awards for excellence in international health insurance, such as the Queen's Award for Enterprise and the FT Business Offshore Excellence Award.
Bupa Global invests time and money in continually developing its products and services by working with the top hospitals and clinics around the globe. They aim to provide individuals and companies worldwide with a health care insurance service that is second to none.
The Bupa Global team cares for its members and dedicates themselves to providing extensive insurance services and the help you need to keep yourself and your family healthy.
Why Choose Bupa International?
24/7 global assistance.
With Bupa Global Assistance, professional health experts are available to answer your call whenever you need help.
Worldwide Care Network
Bupa has a worldwide network of health providers, including over 10,000 facilities that will bill Bupa directly.
Second Medical Opinion
If you would like a second opinion, it's free. Bupa will even help you find a provider for a second opinion.
Bupa International Health Plans
Bupa Global provides a variety of international global medical plans designed to meet the specific needs of internationals living abroad in a few select countries.
Their international medical insurance provides access to a network of over 1.2 million medical providers in select countries around the world and gives globally minded customers the flexibility to choose where and how they receive treatment.
Compare International Medical Plans and read about the Best International Health Insurance Companies .
If you are searching for a plan that will cover you in nearly any country you may relocate to, compare plans from the top two international medical insurance providers, Cigna Global and GeoBlue, which provide coverage in nearly every country around the world:
Cigna Global Insurance Plan
- The flexibility to tailor a plan to suit your individual needs
- Access to Cigna Global’s trusted network of hospitals and doctors
- The convenience and confidence of 24/7/365 customer service
Xplorer Worldwide Medical Plan
- Premium Benefits, Coverage and Service
- Define your deductible and prescription benefits
- For Foreigners in the US or US citizens abroad
Bupa Travel Insurance
As of July 1, 2021 Bupa stopped selling travel insurance. If you are looking for travel insurance , we recommend the following trustworthy providers:
- Emergency medical, evacuation, repatriation benefits
- Choose between the basic and more extensive coverage
- Meets Schengen visa insurance requirements
- 24/7 worldwide travel and emergency medical assistance
GeoBlue Voyager Plan
- For U.S. citizens up to age 95
- Coverage for COVID and pre-existing conditions
- 24/7/365 service and assistance
Seven Corners Travel Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage with benefits up to $5,000,000.
- COVID-19 coverage that extends up to your medical maximum.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation protection up to $500,000.
BUPA Group Insurance
BUPA offers a variety of international insurance plans for groups of all sizes. At the same time, they have stopped offering coverage in select countries as well as canceled many of their group travel insurance plans. Many organizations are looking to find a new group plan to replace their existing BUPA group plan. We can offer some alternative options.
Request a Quote for Your Employees Abroad
If you have 2 or more employees living or traveling abroad, a group plan is a great option. Our team of licensed agents is available to help you determine the coverage and benefits you need to insure your most valuable assets, your employees, while they are outside of their home country.
Request a Quote for Your Group
Bupa Global Network
With international health insurance at Bupa Global, you have access to a worldwide network of care – including over 10,800 healthcare facilities where bills can be settled directly. By using the links below you can easily find a medical facility that matches your needs.
Areas of Coverage
Your area of coverage is dependent on the plan you select. Some plans offer cover only in one region or one continent, while others offer cover around the world. If you plan to travel beyond your region, make sure to select a plan that will cover you in every place you will be.
Find a Provider
Search the Bupa Network of global medical providers to find a health care provider that is in-network. If your provider is in-network, Bupa will pay for all eligible costs for your covered benefits, minus your co-insurance and excess or deductible. If your provider is out-of-network, Bupa may not cover the full bill, so it is very important to find a provider that is in-network.
Bupa Hospital Finder
Search Bupa’s Global Network: Facilities Finder
Search US BlueCard Network: Find Bupa Hospitals and Providers in the USA
Bupa Global formed a strategic partnership with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBS). This strategic partnership grants Bupa Global/BCBS international customers access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueCard Network, the largest healthcare provider network in the United States.
Bupa Global Services
Bupa has an online portal that allows you to file a claim, get pre-authorizations, access your membership card and policy documents, and more.
Bupa Online Portal: Bupa Members World
For Bupa members, resources are available in your Members World account. You can always log in and find tools and resources to help you understand your plan and access services.
Bupa Members World Login (Your membership number will be in this format: BI-1234-1234-1234)
Before receiving treatment, call Bupa Global Assistance at +45 70 23 24 60 to confirm that you are covered and arrange prior approval of your treatment. In many cases, prior approval is required for your health care to be covered.
Bupa Customer Care Contact Information
Phone: +44 (0) 1273 323 563
Bupa Global Victory House Trafalgar Place Brighton BN14FY United Kingdom
Bupa Frequently Asked Questions
Can i get bupa global insurance if i am moving abroad to any country.
No. Bupa Global insurance is only available to people who will be residing in a few select countries. For an insurance plan that will cover you in nearly any country you may relocate to, we recommend reviewing the Top International Health Insurance Companies .
Is Bupa health insurance good for the USA?
Certain Bupa health insurance plans will cover you if you visit the USA. If you will be residing in the USA, you can purchase a plan through Bupa Global's partner GeoBlue . GeoBlue Xplorer is their top plan for internationals living in the USA.
Does Bupa Global sell travel insurance?
No. Bupa Global stopped selling travel insurance as of July 1, 2021. If you are looking for a travel insurance plan, we recommend reviewing these top travel insurance plans .
More to Read:
International Insurance Companies
Get a fast, free, international insurance quote.
Global medical plans, specialty coverage, company info, customer service.
- Travel Insurance
Bupa Travel Insurance Review
The journalists on the editorial team at Forbes Advisor Australia base their research and opinions on objective, independent information-gathering.
When covering investment and personal finance stories, we aim to inform our readers rather than recommend specific financial product or asset classes. While we may highlight certain positives of a financial product or asset class, there is no guarantee that readers will benefit from the product or investment approach and may, in fact, make a loss if they acquire the product or adopt the approach.
To the extent any recommendations or statements of opinion or fact made in a story may constitute financial advice, they constitute general information and not personal financial advice in any form. As such, any recommendations or statements do not take into account the financial circumstances, investment objectives, tax implications, or any specific requirements of readers.
Readers of our stories should not act on any recommendation without first taking appropriate steps to verify the information in the stories consulting their independent financial adviser in order to ascertain whether the recommendation (if any) is appropriate, having regard to their investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. Providing access to our stories should not be construed as investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any security or product, or to engage in or refrain from engaging in any transaction by Forbes Advisor Australia. In comparing various financial products and services, we are unable to compare every provider in the market so our rankings do not constitute a comprehensive review of a particular sector. While we do go to great lengths to ensure our ranking criteria matches the concerns of consumers, we cannot guarantee that every relevant feature of a financial product will be reviewed. We make every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information. However, Forbes Advisor Australia cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of this website. Forbes Advisor Australia accepts no responsibility to update any person regarding any inaccuracy, omission or change in information in our stories or any other information made available to a person, nor any obligation to furnish the person with any further information.
Updated: Aug 8, 2023, 1:29pm
Bupa is a well-known name in the Australian insurance scene, and its travel insurance option is no different. With no age limit on policies and unlimited medical cover (including dental), Bupa comprehensive travel insurance is a responsible choice for all types of trips and travellers. Bupa offers three kinds of coverage: comprehensive, essentials and domestic. This review focuses on the comprehensive policy.
- Unlimited medical, hospital and dental cover
- No maximum age limit
- All pre-existing conditions need to be assessed to determine if they will be covered
- Reviews state lengthy waits for claim payments
Table of Contents
About bupa travel insurance, what is covered, who should take out this insurance.
Cover-More Travel Insurance
On Cover-more’s secure website
Unlimited, with a $2000 limit to dental
Yes, amount chosen by customer
Southern Cross Travel Insurance
Unlimited, with a $2000 limit on dental
$2,500 with option to increase to unlimited
Bupa Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd, and the policy is very similar to the Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance offering. The travel insurance policy offered to Australians by Bupa is via Bupa Asia Pacific, a part of the global Bupa Group.
Along with travel insurance, Bupa also offers Australians health insurance, car insurance, home insurance, pet insurance, landlord insurance, valuables insurance, among others.
In relation to its Bupa travel insurance policy, which is analysed in detail below, customers have rated the policy 3.9 stars out of 5 from 138 reviews via Australia’s independent consumer opinion site, ProductReview.
Bupa offers its comprehensive travel insurance policy to all Australians, with no age limits in place for travellers wishing to take out their comprehensive option, although pre-existing medical conditions require assessment before being covered. The lack of an age limit is particularly helpful to senior travellers as well as families, especially considering that dependent children are included in the policy up to the age of 25–provided they are not in full time employment and will be travelling with you 100% of the time.
In terms of financial cover, Bupa covers credit card fraud up to $5,000, while personal liability is covered up to $5 million.
Delays and missed connections are an inevitable risk of travel, which is why Bupa’s travel delay cover includes coverage for missed connections: for delays of more than six hours there is $250 per person allocation and a further $250 for each additional 24-hour period after the initial six hours. The delay cover, however, is limited at $2,000 total for all travellers on the policy, and maximum per person of $500 after the initial six-hour delay.
When taking out your Bupa Travel Insurance policy, travellers can also opt for cancellation cover, with the amount chosen by the customer.
Bupa’s comprehensive travel insurance policy includes lost luggage cover up to $10,000, however, sub limits apply for certain items. Policyholders do have the option to increase item limits for high value items if required. Check the pds for further details.
The last thing you want to think about on a trip is having to access medical services, but it’s important for Australians heading overseas to ensure this is included on a travel insurance policy for peace of mind.
Bupa covers overseas medical and hospital expenses, so you will not be out of pocket if you need to access medical care while abroad. If you have a pre-existing condition, however, you will need to be assessed by Bupa prior to your trip to determine if they can be covered with the policy.
Is dental cover included in medical?
Yes, Bupa does include dental within its unlimited medical and hospital expenses cover. A lot of insurance providers don’t choose to include dental within medical cover, so it is a benefit of Bupa’s policy.
Does it Cover Me for Covid?
Yes, Bupa’s travel insurance includes covid cover under its medical expenses. In terms of cancellations, these are only covered due to Covid-19 if the trip cancellation is due to a government-enforced border closure or if the policyholder has to complete quarantine due to Covid.
What about Pregnancy?
If you’re pregnant while travelling, you’re going to want to ensure your travel insurance policy covers pregnancy. With Bupa, you are covered until week 24 of your pregnancy, provided that you do not have complications with the pregnancy or a history of complications.
This cover is included under the unlimited medical expenses, however, childbirth is not covered.
What about Sports and Activities?
When taking out Bupa’s travel insurance, there are 38 activities automatically included in your plan. These include golfing, river cruising, gymnastics and more. Certain conditions apply to these automatic inclusions, such as safety provisions and terrain restrictions (or claims made would be void).
In addition to the 38 included activities, policyholders can also add on activity packs to suit their trip type for an additional cost.
These are packs that cover activities designated for ‘adventure’, such as for cave tubing and rock climbing, ‘cruise’ for those going on a multi-day cruising holiday, and a ‘snow’ pack to cover certain winter sports.
Similar to the automatically included activities, certain restrictions apply to the purchase of the additional packs. Failing to meet these requirements could result in your claims being void, which is why it is essential to read your policy’s product disclosure statement.
Bupa offers its customers 24/7 emergency assistance with Australian based doctors and nurses, so you can receive trusted medical guidance at any time while on your holiday.
For non-medical enquiries, Bupa has a separate contact telephone number and a call back option for those calling out of hours. Further, Bupa also has a WhatsApp channel which customers can use to get in touch with the Bupa customer service team while travelling.
Bupa has made the process of making claims easier for its customers, by allowing claims to be made online via the myBupa app (available on both iOS and Android, and via web browser).
Thanks to the well-known name and the non-existent age limit when taking out a policy, Bupa’s travel insurance is well suited to a wide variety of Australian families going on holidays together. This is especially true as children up to 25 years of age are included on the policy at no extra charge, pending the meeting of certain conditions. In any case, before you take out this insurance, Forbes Advisor recommends you read the product disclosure statement carefully so you can understand the various sub-limits and exclusions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a discount for bupa travel insurance.
While there is no automatic discount for Bupa travel insurance, pre-existing customers of Bupa (such as those with an active health insurance policy) can get 15% off their premiums.
Does Bupa Travel Insurance cover COVID?
Yes, Bupa Travel Insurance covers COVID-19 as a medical condition under its unlimited medical and hospital cover. It also covers trip cancellations caused by Covid, on the basis that there are government enforced border closures or the traveller is required to quarantine.
How do I make a claim with Bupa Travel Insurance?
Claims can be made via the myBupa app on your mobile or webpage. You can also call the 24/7 Australian-based customer service team to submit a claim over the phone on 1300 992 694.
Sophie Venz is an experienced editor and features reporter, and has previously worked in the small business and start-up reporting space. Previously the Associate Editor of SmartCompany site, Sophie has worked closely with finance experts and columnists around Australia and internationally. Sophie grew up on the Gold Coast and now lives in Melbourne.
- Best Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Best Seniors Travel Insurance
- Best Cruise Travel Insurance
- Best Domestic Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance Cost
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance Guide
- Travel Insurance For Bali
- Travel Insurance For Fiji
- Travel Insurance For The USA
- Travel Insurance For Thailand
- Travel Insurance For New Zealand
- Travel Insurance For Japan
- Travel Insurance For Europe
- Cover-More Travel Insurance Review
- Travel Insurance Saver Review
- Allianz Comprehensive Travel Insurance Review 2023
- 1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance Review 2023
- Australia Post Comprehensive Travel Insurance Review 2023
Travel insurance for the philippines: what you need to know, guide to travel insurance for japan, travel insurance for europe explained, travel insurance to india: a guide, guide to travel insurance for thailand, travel insurance for new zealand: a guide.
- Join CHOICE
Which travel insurers cover you for cruises?
Cruises are officially back on the cards and people are queuing up to get on board. here's how to make sure you're covered..
Checked for accuracy by our qualified fact-checkers and verifiers. Find out more about fact-checking at CHOICE .
Need to know
- Most travel insurers cover cruises but there are some exclusions and fine print to be aware of
- For example, you won't be able to claim for events that occur because you've had too much to drink
- You need to make sure you declare your pre-existing medical conditions
With the restrictions on cruises finally lifted post-pandemic, the industry has bounced back in a big way this year and is more popular than ever.
But some people lost thousands of dollars on cancelled cruises during the COVID-19 travel bans and some cruise lines might not even let you on board without travel insurance.
So if you're planning a cruise, read on to discover how to choose the travel insurance policy that's best for you.
On this page:
Travel insurance for cruises in Australia
Which travel insurers cover cruises, what cruise travel insurance won't cover, do i need insurance for local cruises, when to buy travel insurance for a cruise.
Most travel insurers cover international cruises that start and end in Australia, usually as an optional extra (we haven't looked at cover for cruises that start and/or end overseas).
Some providers also offer tailored cruise travel insurance, which can give you access to additional inclusions that are unique to cruising and that may not be covered in standard policies, such as cover for missed ports, missed departures, or cabin confinement due to illness.
When choosing a policy, it's important to make sure the region you're visiting is covered and that it suits your needs and itinerary.
Check the policy age limit, as some policies cover you up to the age of 100 but others only cover you up to 69.
It's also worth noting that if you want cancellation coverage in case a relative in Australia becomes ill or dies, the relative will also need to meet the age limit on the policy and satisfy the existing medical condition requirements.
Cruises no longer require people to prove they've had a COVID-19 vaccination in order to board, but cruise ships are still a higher risk setting for diseases like gastroenteritis and respiratory infections, including influenza (flu) and COVID-19. So check if you have medical and cancellation cover for COVID-19 and other illnesses.
Existing medical conditions and pregnancy
As with other types of travel insurance, some pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered, and others will need to be disclosed in order to be covered. If in doubt, contact the insurer to discuss your needs.
It's also worth noting that pregnancy is considered an existing medical condition. Some insurance policies cover pregnancy up to 30 weeks, but most cruise lines won't allow you on board if you're more than 24 weeks pregnant.
Travel insurance and alcohol
Some people liken cruises to a floating RSL club, but the combination of alcohol and a seagoing vessel can cause accidents.
In an Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) case, Phil* fell down a flight of stairs on a cruise ship and suffered a moderate brain injury, skull fracture and right lung contusion.
All travel insurers have a clause that excludes cover for claims resulting from a person being under the influence of alcohol
Phil said the area was not well lit and the steps would have been slippery, while his wife said he was walking steadily. He was taken to a hospital in Austria and a test showed that he had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.198%.
The insurer had an exclusion for "any conduct engaged in whilst under the influence or effect of alcohol or drugs", and AFCA sided with the insurer, determining that Phil's claim for expenses should be denied.
All travel insurers have a similar clause that excludes cover for claims resulting from a person being under the influence of alcohol.
* Not their real name. Policyholder names are not disclosed in AFCA case records.
Even if you book a cruise that won't be leaving Australian waters, you'll probably still need travel insurance as shipboard medical expenses might not be covered by Medicare. Check that your travel insurance does cover medical costs – you may need international or cruise-specific insurance. Domestic travel or health insurance won't cut it.
Doctors working on cruise ships don't need Medicare provider numbers, so check with your cruise line if they have a Medicare doctor on board. If they don't, and they treat you, you can't claim on Medicare or your private health insurance, even though you never left Australia.
Domestic travel insurance doesn't cover medical costs, so you'd need either international travel insurance (check that it covers domestic cruises) or special 'domestic cruise' insurance, which is available from a few select insurers.
Cruises are often booked well ahead of time, so you could be forgiven for forgetting or delaying the purchase of your travel insurance. But if your cruise is cancelled ahead of time and you don't yet have cover, you could lose your money. The earlier you buy the policy, the better.
On the flip side, there aren't many insurers that cover you more than a year out from starting your trip. If you book your trip more than a year out, shop around for a policy that will cover you.
Stock images: Getty, unless otherwise stated.
Join the conversation
To share your thoughts or ask a question, visit the CHOICE Community forum.
Want to Travel Safe?
Explore our Travel Plans & Protect Yourself today!
Get Free Health Insurance Quote
22900+ Cashless Healthcare Providers^^
38 Lakh+ Insurance Claims Settled**
24*7 Claim and Customer Support
For showing interest in Care Health Insurance (formerly known as Religare Health Insurance Co. Ltd). Our advisor will contact you shortly.
Health Insurance for Everyone
At affordable price
Health Insurance for Family
- Health Insurance Plans
- Family health insurance
- Individual health insurance
- 1 crore health insurance plan
- senior citizen health insurance
- maternity health insurance
- health insurance for diabetes
- heart health insurance
- super top up health insurance
- cancer insurance
- critical illness insurance
- Heart Mediclaim
- Operation Mediclaim
- Travel Insurance Policy
- International Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- UK Travel Insurance
- Asia Travel Insurance
- Thailand Travel Insurance
- Singapore Travel Insurance
- USA Travel Insurance
- Schengen Travel Insurance
- Canada Travel Insurance
- UAE Travel Insurance
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Unclaimed Amount
- As a Customer
- As a Partner
Let us help you find a Perfect Plan
Or call us on our toll free number
We thank you for your interest in Care Health Insurance Limited . Our expert will call you soon to assist you.
Terms & Conditions of Premium Quote Generation
"Care Health Insurance Limited . & associate partners may contact you to assist you with website navigation of www.careinsurance.com and assist in proposal filling."
- The premium calculated above is based on the data provided by you in the application form.
- The above information must be read in conjunction with the sales brochure and policy document.
- Tax Benefits would be available as per the prevailing Income Tax laws.
- GST has been levied as per applicable Tax laws.
- The general terms and conditions of the usage of this website also apply.
- For any clarification, please feel free to chat with our customer service on WhatsApp at 8860402452 .
- I authorize Care Health Insurance Limited and associate partners to contact me via email or phone or SMS and record the conversation for training & Quality purpose.
Russia Travel Insurance
- Region Specific Plan to suit your need
- Business Class Up-gradation
- Double Sum Insured in case of Hospitalization due to Accident
- Stay Safe and Travel Worry-free with Our International Plans
Get Quote In 1 Minute
GET FREE QUOTE
- Please Select Product
Get updates on WhatsApp
- Home / Travel Insurance / Russia Travel Insurance
Secure your Travel to Russia with the Right Travel Cover
Russia, a massive country with 11 time zones, snow-clad landscapes, and rich history, is one of the world's most sought-after travel destinations. It is a transcontinental country spanning Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. From the great cathedrals and stately palaces of the past to modern-day architecture and high-end infrastructure, Russia provides international tourists an extraordinary travel experience and a taste of its heritage of performing arts and cultural richness.
With the Russia Travel Insurance insurance, you can protect your travel to this vast country. While you're out discovering the hidden gems of this incredible country, a decent travel policy will protect you financially in the event of an emergency. A medical emergency while on a foreign trip can be the most unpleasant experience a traveler can have. You'll also be covered if you lose your checked baggage or passport, or if your trip is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
Is it Mandatory to get Travel Insurance while Traveling to Russia?
Yes, it is a legal obligation for travelers to buy travel insurance for Russia while they are exploring Russia. Furthermore, a good travel health plan is recommended for any traveler going to a foreign country so that he or she has the assistance during likely emergencies such as trip delays, misplaced baggage, and even illnesses.
Explore Asia- Travel Insurance for Russia
Care Health Insurance offers the most comprehensive Travel Insurance to ensure the safety of travelers across the world. It is wise to buy travel insurance if you are traveling to a foreign land and come across any medical and non-medical crises. It comes with a slew of features to assist you in dealing with unanticipated medical and non-medical costs in an unfamiliar country.
Also, if you are traveling for further studies, then availing student travel insurance also assists you in times of crisis and saves you money.
Salient features of Russia Travel Insurance
- Affordable premium: Affordable premium makes it easy to buy the travel insurance plan and meets your region-specific medical and non-medical needs.
- Compensation for Mishaps: In case of an insured person’s demise during the travel, the travel cover compensates the nominee.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: We are available 24*7 in an emergency for assistance with cashless claims in our network hospitals.
- Complete Security: Your travel insurance will secure you in a medical and non-medical emergency from flight onboarding to flight return.
- Easy policy extension: You can easily extend your Russia travel insurance coverage for up to 365 days or the maximum trip duration.
Policy Details for Asia Travel Insurance
What is covered under russia travel insurance plan.
Here we have listed all the significant medical and non-medical benefits covered in Russia travel insurance policy:
- Hospitalization Expenses: If you find yourself in a medical emergency that requires hospitalization, the travel insurance plan for Russia will provide you complete cover encompassing IPD and OPD expenses.
- Daily Allowance: We pay for a fixed amount each day of hospitalization as In-patient Care for up to 5 consecutive days per claim.
- Personal Accident: We will compensate in the event of the insured person's death or Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) due to accidental injury during the Period of Insurance.
- Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, or Trip Delay: Such disruptions are beyond your control, but you can cover any expenses arising from the inconvenience with this feature.
- Loss of passport and checked-in Baggage: We may not get you your passport or luggage back, but we sure can try to cover the loss subject to T&C.
- Delay of checked-in baggage: We will compensate for the belongings in case of a delay of the Checked-In Baggage beyond 12 consecutive hours.
- COVID-19 Coverage: We will compensate for the expenses incurred due to the hospitalization for covid, subject to T&C.
- Compassionate Visit: This benefit will allow any of your relatives to visit you in case of hospitalization.
Various other non-medical exigencies covered under Russia travel insurance including repatriation of mortal remains and personal liability.
What is Not Covered under Russia Travel Insurance Plan?
Russia travel insurance does not cover the policyholder in the following instances:
- Drug Misuse: Expenses arising out of or attributable to alcohol or drug use/misuse/abuse by the insured members during the course of the trip.
- World War: Any medical or non-medical expenses arising out of national or international war or nuclear perils or consequences thereof.
- Self-inflicted Injury: Any intentional self-injury, suicide attempt, or any other form of harm to self leading to hospitalization or death shall not be covered.
- Hazardous Activities: Any claims relating to hazardous activities like fire stunts, etc., that are otherwise not mentioned in the policy documents.
- Breach of Law: Any liability or injury expenses arising out of any breach of law or particular regulations set by the destination country.
- Dental Treatment: The policy will not cover the expenses of any planned dental treatment or surgery unless necessitated due to any acute pain.
Premium of Russia Travel Insurance
The premium that an insured person must pay will be based on various factors, including the age of the traveler, the country they are traveling to, trip duration, and the type of coverage selected. Travel Insurance offered by Care Health Insurance is affordable and budget-friendly. Our travel healthcare insurance premium for Russia starts from as low as Rs. 428* for a single traveler on a 10-day long trip.
For instance, if you are traveling from India to Russia for 10 Days, a one-time visit, the approximate premium cost of your travel insurance with a sum insured of $50K is calculated as below:
*The above-mentioned travel insurance premium is calculated that the insured members have not been diagnosed, hospitalized, or undergone any treatment in the last 48 months. Also, the premium amount is subject to change if the insured person has already claimed any travel policy before.
How to Calculate Premium for Russia Travel Insurance with Us?
You can calculate Russia’s travel insurance premium cost in five easy steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Fill in your contact information, including your mobile number, name, and email address, followed by the age of all the members to be insured.
- Step 2: Click "Next" and select your travel destinations and travel date. Your policy period will be the same as the number of your travel days.
- Step 3: Mention if the insured members are dealing with any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Step 4: Choose the Sum Insured according to your need.
- Step 5: Check your calculated premium and click "Buy Now" to proceed.
Please note: The premium charged under the Policy depends upon the sum insured. Trip duration in days, the scope of geographies covered, type of trip, cover type, the individual's health status, and plan opted by the customer.
*Refer to the policy documents for more details on exclusions.
Insurance Claim Process
Types of Russian Visas
Based on the purpose of the visit, Russian Visas are classified into the following categories:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Student visa
- Personal visa
- Transit visa
Visa Procedure for Russia
Application for any of the above-mentioned types of visas can be made in any of the Consulates of the Russian Federation situated in India:
Step 1: Obtain a letter of invitation required for visa application.
Step 2: Get the visa application form and duly fill in the relevant details.
Step 3: Submit the application and supporting documents at the visa application center.
Documents required for visa application:
- Original Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and a minimum of 2 blank pages
- Passport-size photographs
- Letter of invitation/ visa support documents
- Visa fee, as applicable
Top Places To Visit In Russia
Officially called the Russian Federation, Russia spreads over two continents – Asia and Europe – and has unique geographical features like the mighty Ural Mountain Range that physically separates the two continents. Russia is one of the must-see destinations that promise an exciting and magical international trip for travelers from all walks of life.
- Moscow Kremlin: Delve into the country’s fascinating past by visiting the Kremlin, fortified central complex housing ancient cathedrals and museums.
- State Hermitage Museum: Nestled in the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, this museum gives a chance for its visitors to understand and appreciate the art and culture of Russia through its amazing paintings, sculptures, and relics of the Italian Renaissance.
- Lake Baikal: A freshwater lake in southern Siberia, it is a rift lake that is flanked by resorts and makes for a picturesque setting for an ideal vacation.
- St. Basil’s Cathedral: Tucked in the heart of Moscow city, this famous Cathedral attracts visitors for its stunning architecture and opulent interiors.
- Red Square: Take a trip to this city square in Moscow, a major landmark in the country and the center of the Russian Government. The Red Square is also home to a centuries-old Cathedral and Museums.
In case of any concern in the country, you may call or visit the Indian Embassy in Russia:
Main Building of the Embassy: (6-8, Vorontsovo Polye)
Telephone No: (7495)-783-7535
FAQs on Russia Travel Insurance
Q. what is the premium that i need to pay for russia travel insurance.
The premium for a Russia travel insurance plan is subject to your age, travel country, trip duration, trip frequency, coverage opted, add-on covers, and sum insured.
Q. What is the type of cover available under Travel Insurance for Russia?
Cover under Travel Insurance for Russia is available on an individual basis and not on a family floater basis.
Q. Do I need to undergo any medical examination while buying Russia Travel Insurance?
You are not required to undergo any medical examination while buying Russia Travel Insurance. However, you should declare if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Q. When does the coverage start after buying Travel Insurance for Russia?
The coverage starts from the day you board the conveyance to leave for international travel or the contracted departure date as per the policy, whichever is later.
Q. What document will I get as Proof of Travel Insurance for Russia ?
You will get a soft copy of the travel insurance policy on your registered email id.
Q. What is the procedure to be followed for the extension of a travel insurance plan?
The policy can be extended up to a maximum duration of 365 days or maximum trip duration as specified under the travel insurance plan. The online extension of the travel insurance policy is available.
^^Number of Cashless Healthcare Providers as of 30th June 2023
**Number of Claims Settled as of 31st May 2023
- Travel Insurance Plans
- Travel Insurance Dubai
- Travel Insurance USA
- Travel Insurance Canada
- Travel Insurance Turkey
- Travel Insurance Europe
- Travel Insurance South Africa
- Travel Insurance New Zealand
- Travel Insurance Australia
- Travel Insurance Japan
- Travel Insurance Srilanka
- Travel Insurance Bali
- Travel Insurance for France
- Travel Insurance Switzerland
- Travel Insurance Maldives
- Travel Insurance Singapore
- Travel Insurance UK
- Travel Insurance Asia
- Travel Insurance Russia
- Travel Insurance Germany
- Travel Insurance Malaysia
- Travel Insurance Bhutan
- Travel Insurance UAE
- Travel Insurance China
- Travel Insurance Italy
- Travel Insurance Israel
- Travel Insurance Spain
- Travel Insurance Vietnam
- Greece Travel Insurance
- Cambodia Travel Insurance
- Malta Travel Insurance
- Brazil Visa for Indians
- Qatar Visa for Indians
- Hongkong Visa for Indians
- Indonesia Visa for Indians
- On Arrival Visa for Dubai
- Germany Visa for Indians
- Student Visa for Poland
- Malaysia Visa for Indians
- Thailand Visa for Indians
- Turkey Visa for Indians
- Vietnam Visa for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
Get Expert Advice
Chat with Us
Moving to Moscow
Moscow is an incredibly large, interesting and challenging destination offering a wide variety of experiences for expats. There is much to see and learn about Russian culture in the capital city, and expats will certainly not be bored among the hustle and bustle of Moscow's lively streets.
Living in Russia as an expat
Moscow is a constantly changing and rapidly expanding city. As it's one of Russia's main economic centres, the majority of expats moving to Russia for work settle here. Moscow offers job opportunities in a range of fields, from technology and finance to human resources and teaching. These generally come with a rather lucrative employment package, but are hard earned and can be difficult to find.
Moscow has an extensive public transport system. The most common means of transport being the efficient, safe and cheap metro. Many of the metro stations are lavishly decorated and constitute works of art in themselves. During rush hour it can get crowded, especially in the centre. Traffic congestion can be nightmarish in Moscow and many expats choose to hire a driver rather than braving the roads alone.
Moscow is by no means short of cultural activities and events . No visit is complete without a trip to the Bolshoi Theatre, and ballet performances at the Kremlin Palace are outstanding. There are several fascinating museums in the city, as well as wonderful architecture.
Cost of living in Moscow
Moscow has a relatively high cost of living. While it's cheaper than many of the world's major capitals, accommodation comes at a huge cost and those who choose to live lavishly will also pay dearly for it. That said, those with money can enjoy a luxurious lifestyle in Moscow that's on a par with any major international city.
Expat families and children
Expat families should note that the standard of public education and hospitals can be considerably lacking in Moscow. That said, expats always have the option of sending their children to one of the private or international schools located in the capital. There are also several private healthcare facilities available that expats can visit.
Parents will be glad to know that Moscow is filled with attractions and activities to entertain the kids. Families will also discover that some of Moscow’s most attractive features are the many public parks dotted throughout the city, which give it a more spacious and leafier feel. Going for a walk in the park is a daily habit for many residents, and families with children can make use of these green spaces for a day spent outdoors.
Climate in Moscow
Unlike the rest of Russia, Moscow has a humid continental climate. Summer weather is warm with average daytime temperatures of 73°F (23°C). Most of the city's rainfall occurs during the summer months. Winters, on the other hand, are long, cold and snowy.
Expats in Moscow who can keep an open mind will find that the Russian capital has a lot to offer. Before moving to Moscow, expats should read as much as they can about the city to prepare themselves and to minimise any initial culture shock . One of the best ways to prepare for relocating to Moscow is to learn how to read the Cyrillic alphabet and speak some basic Russian.
►For info about the ups and downs of life in the city, read Pros and Cons of Moving to Moscow .
Expat interviews " What I like the most about Moscow is the city itself. It is always clean, vibrant, and full of entertainment and friendly pedestrians. It means that you can walk as far as you want to and feel safe about doing so." Read more about Eva, an Indonesian expat, and her move to Moscow in her interview. " Honestly, I think Moscow is highly underrated. Compared to other metropolitan cities in the world, I think it is one of the best cities for quality of life! "Expats usually relocate here for business purposes since there are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of. Another bonus is the fast pace of city life, which is great for many expats." Read about Russia from the perspective of a Russian – Yulia, a global nomad, shares her thoughts on life in Moscow .
Are you an expat living in Moscow?
Expat Arrivals is looking for locals to contribute to this guide, and answer forum questions from others planning their move to Moscow. Please contact us if you'd like to contribute.
Expat Health Insurance
Cigna Global Health Insurance - 10% off any plans bought in November and December 2023 With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider. Cigna is currently offering a 10% discount for seniors (over 60) on their Silver package. Get a quote from Cigna Global
Aetna Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs. Get your free no-obligation quotes now!
International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices. Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget. Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!
Free Moving Quotes ReloAdvisor is an independent online quote service for international moves. They work with hundreds of qualified international moving and relocation companies to match your individual requirements. Get up to 5 free quotes from moving companies that match your needs. Get your free no-obligation quotes now!
- About Lexgarant
- Corporate customers
Medical Insurance for International Students
- 1. Basic conditions
- 2. Checkout
Total: 5 000.00 rubles
- Full information
- Insurance rules
- Information for clients
- Main content
- Best Pet Insurance
Best Pet Insurance Company Reviews
- Healthy Paws
- Why You Should Trust Us
Best Pet Insurance Companies of November 2023
Our experts answer readers' insurance questions and write unbiased product reviews ( here's how we assess insurance products ). In some cases, we receive a commission from our partners ; however, our opinions are our own.
The ASPCA estimates the annual cost of owning a dog or cat is upwards of $1,400. That includes food, routine medical care at the vet, toys, treats, and other pet-related expenses. That price can spike exponentially after even one major illness or accident. You could suddenly find yourself paying thousands for one surgery followed by hospitalizations, medications, and more.
Best Pet Insurance Companies
- ASPCA Pet Insurance: Best for Waiting Periods
- Trupanion Pet Insurance: Best for Out-of-Pocket Costs
- Figo Pet Insurance: Best for 100% Reimbursement
- Nationwide Pet Insurance: Best for Exotic Pets
- Spot Pet Insurance: Best for Broad Coverage
- AKC Pet Insurance: Best for Preexisting Conditions
- Pumpkin Pet Insurance: Best for Comprehensive Coverage
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance: Best for Unlimited Annual Coverage
- Lemonade Pet Insurance: Best for Affordable Premiums
When picking a pet insurance policy, consider whether you just want coverage for emergencies or if you'd also like some reimbursement for routine vet visits. Most policies only cover emergencies, but a growing number of providers also offer wellness plans for preventive care, which will add to your premium cost.
ASPCA Pet Insurance
Offers coinsurance of up to 90% of each eligible bill with a maximum of up to $10,000 per year
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Coverage available for dogs, cats, and horses
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. No age limits for coverage
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Up to 90% reimbursement after deductible
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Royalties go back to the ASPCA to care for homeless pets
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Claim processing may be long
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Available coverage tapers off with age
ASPCA pet insurance is not sold or underwritten by the ASPCA. However, the ASPCA collects royalties on sales made to support its operations and aid homeless pets.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is a famous nonprofit focused on animal rights. In addition to this critical work, the ASPCA lends its name to affordable pet health insurance plans with great benefits. At this time, the ASPCA does not sell or underwrite insurance, but it does receive royalties to add its name to this pet insurance plan.
Coverage is available for dogs, cats, and horses. But most importantly, its policies offer a shorter waiting period than most providers for cruciate injuries (14 days). Pets must be at least eight weeks old to qualify for ASPCA pet insurance, but there's no upper age limit. So senior pets can enjoy coverage through ASPCA pet insurance.
Owners with multiple eligible pets also get a 10% discount per month, which can add up. Standard plans with the ASPCA include coverage for things like congenital conditions, alternative therapies, and behavioral issues.
ASPCA Pet Insurance Review
Trupanion Pet Insurance
Offers coinsurance of up to 90% of each eligible bill with no annual limit
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Coverage extends to breed-specific conditions
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Waiting period of just 5 days for injuries
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. No limits on payouts
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Long waiting period for illnesses
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Coverage only available for dogs and cats
With unlimited coverage options and affordable rates for many pet parents, Trupanion sets itself apart with per condition deductibles. So once you pay a deductible on (for example) allergies, you would not be responsible for further deductibles in coming years.
If you're looking for flexible coverage to fit your budget, consider Trupanion. Its pet insurance provides illness and accident coverage for cats and dogs, including plans without limits and a per-incident deductible, saving you money if your pet has recurring health issues.
Pets over 14 years old are ineligible for coverage, and some services have a waiting period. But Trupanion also offers valuable add-ons that'll cover boarding fees if a pet owner is hospitalized, behavioral and rehabilitative therapy, and coverage for unintentional property damage caused by a pet.
The most crucial distinction for Trupanion is its low out-of-pocket costs. Eligible customers can choose a $0 deductible with 90% reimbursement. So in a pet emergency, you only pay 10% of eligible vet bills. For any pet parent who has been through the unexpected, the peace of mind is essential.
Trupanion Pet Insurance Review
Figo Pet Insurance
Offers coinsurance of up to 100% of each eligible bill with no annual limit
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. 3 popular pet insurance plans
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Riders available for preventative care and routine vet services
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Affordable pricing
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Excludes certain genetic issues and preexisting conditions
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Insurer recommends submitting 12 months of vet records with your application
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Any claim filed in the first 6 months may be registered as a preexisting condition
Figo pet insurance offers aggressive pet insurance coverage options to ensure your pet gets the veterinary care they need in an emergency. Figo offers easy online quotes, and Costco members qualify for discounts on its pet insurance plans.
Figo is unique in that it offers a 100% reimbursement option. In short, under one of its plans, you'll be covered for 100% of your eligible pet expenses after you meet your annual deductible. In addition, it offers plans with lower yearly reimbursement maximums. The more you pay in premiums, the less you pay at the time of service, and vice versa.
Its comprehensive pet insurance plans include coverage for nonroutine dental care, alternative treatments, and hereditary conditions. You can even add preventative coverage with wellness care and vet exam fees.
Added benefits of Figo pet insurance plans include a shorter than average 1-day waiting period for accident coverage, a 24-hour pet telehealth line, and its Pet Cloud app to make your pet's vet records much more manageable.
Figo Pet Insurance Review
Nationwide Pet Insurance
Offers exotic pet coverage
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Bundling and multi-pet discounts available
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. High customer satisfaction ratings
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Rated highly with AM Best
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Accepts seniors and exotic pets
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Discounts for multipet and new plans
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Pets have to enroll before age 10 to be covered into their senior years
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Coverage limits are $10,000 or per condition, depending on the plan
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Average premiums higher than similar plans
Nationwide pet insurance can be bundled with home, auto, and other Nationwide Insurance products. It's the only pet insurance company currently offering exotic pet coverage.
Nationwide is a familiar name for home, auto, and life insurance. But did you know it also offers pet insurance plans? You can buy coverage for dogs, cats, birds, and some exotic pets, which many providers on this list do not cover. In addition, there are no age limits for pet coverage with Nationwide.
Preventive treatment isn't included in the lower-cost pet insurance plans . So you may have to search elsewhere for pet wellness plans. But Nationwide's comprehensive pet insurance covers the most common accident and illnesses for pets. Wellness coverage from Nationwide pet insurance includes things like certain vaccines and annual exams.
Nationwide pet insurance plans are available in every state. So whether you have a dog, lizard, horse, or iguana, you won't have an issue finding pet insurance coverage.
Nationwide Pet Insurance Review
Spot Pet Insurance
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Wellness plans and accident and illness plans available
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Available in all 50 states with comprehensive coverage options
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Coverage available for senior dogs and cats
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Pets have to be at least 8 weeks for coverage
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Does not offer coverage for exotic pets
Spot pet insurance provides comprehensive pet insurance, including an allowance for end-of-life memorials. Some plan upgrades cover dental cleanings and other costly services.
What's excellent about Spot is that it offers a wide variety of policies, including coverage for both accident and illness, accident-only, and an optional wellness plan for an additional fee.
In addition, Spot Pet Insurance will reimburse exam fees (for select conditions) as part of its accident and illness coverage. Most pet insurance providers exclude exam fees from coverage. Qualified pet parents may also choose unlimited annual coverage. Spot has pet insurance for accidents, illness, and wellness add-ons for dental cleanings, wellness exams, certain vaccines, and more.
Spot pet insurance premiums are high compared to some other pet insurance competitors. But customer satisfaction is also higher.
Spot Pet Insurance Review
American Kennel Club Pet Insurance
Offers unlimited coverage with select plans
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Offers 30 days free coverage with no waiting periods for any AKC-registered puppies in qualifying state
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Unlimited coverage available with select plans
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Buyers can add on wellness coverage and other riders to customize plans
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. May be more expensive than competitors' plans
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Not available in full in all states
AKC pet insurance offers several types of pet insurance to suit your needs. Buyers have options from base coverage for unforeseen events to comprehensive protection for their pet's health. However, AKC pet insurance offers a service not provided by other providers.
The American Kennel Club's pet insurance plans are available for all pets, not just registered purebred dogs. So you can sign your mixed breed dog or cat up for AKC's pet insurance and choose from various optional add-ons. This includes coverage for exam fees, wellness care, and final expenses, to name a few.
You'll get 30 days of free coverage if you register your new pup for an American Kennel Club membership. But pet parents with senior pets may want to consider other pet insurance companies. Pets 9 years old or older will only be eligible for accident coverage when you buy your policy. You'll also need to sign up your pet before their second birthday to qualify for the AKC's optional coverage for hereditary or congenital conditions.
American Kennel Club is unique because it covers preexisting conditions after a 12-month waiting period. By contrast, other pet insurance companies won't cover preexisting conditions.
AKC Pet Insurance Review
Pumpkin Pet Insurance
Offers 90% reimbursement on all pet insurance plans
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Unlimited annual coverage available after deductible available for dogs and cats
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Vet exam fee coverage for illnesses and accidents
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Multi-pet discounts available
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. 14 day waiting period for accidents
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. No 24-7 pet healthline
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Rates may be higher than some competitors
Pumpkin pet insurance offers 90% reimbursement on all pet insurance plans. It has accident and illness and wellness options, but monthly premiums may be on the higher end.
If you're looking for comprehensive pet insurance coverage, Pumpkin Pet Insurance could be a great choice. Unlike many other pet insurance providers, Pumpkin offers coverage for preventable diseases (excluding preexisting conditions) like Lyme or parvovirus.
In addition, Pumpkin only requires a 14-day waiting period for breeds with common hereditary conditions like hip and joint problems. In contrast, other providers may require waiting periods of up to 60 days. The waiting period is for current and future treatment. So if your pet presents with any of the listed health conditions within the waiting period, that condition and any related vet bills will not be covered in the future.
With Pumpkin, you can get a quote for your pet quickly and easily. You will have fewer options to choose from when it comes to coverage, but the available options are above average compared to other pet insurance providers.
Finally, the company won't decline coverage based on a pet's age. Specific policies also cover advanced treatments for things like behavioral therapy and acupuncture.
Pumpkin Pet Insurance Review
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Unlimited coverage options available
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Average claims processing time of 2 days
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Low deductible options
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Healthy Paws may cover curable preexisting conditions after a waiting period
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Coverage may decrease with age
Healthy Paws offers comprehensive and affordable pet insurance plans with unlimited coverage, high reimbursement options, and more. These features earned it a spot on our guide to the best pet insurance. However, Healthy Paws does not cover preventative care, encouraging pet parents to budget for known annual costs.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance is one of the highest-rated pet insurance companies according to customers. It's not surprising considering it has no limits on how much it will pay per incident, annually, or over the lifetime of your pet. Many pet parents also love the fact that Healthy Paws routinely gives back to homeless pets.
It offers coverage options for all stages of your pet's life, from eight weeks to 14 years old. Pet parents also choose their deductibles and reimbursement levels. If you're concerned about large vet costs after an accident or illness, we recommend paying more in monthly premiums for better coverage. If you're comfortable paying your vet a little more to save money each month, lower coverage options are available.
Healthy Paws Pet Insurance Review
Lemonade Pet Insurance
10% off your policy for bundling insurance products; 5% off your policy for insuring multiple pets; and 5% off your policy for enrolling in the annual payment plan
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. $12 premiums for basic care
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Add-ons available for other preventative care
- Check mark icon A check mark. It indicates a confirmation of your intended interaction. Comprehensive mobile experience for claims and support
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. Only available in 37 states and Washington DC
- con icon Two crossed lines that form an 'X'. No 24/7 telehealth line for veterinary advice
Lemonade offers auto, homeowners, renters, pet, and life insurance. It's been around since 2015 and is known for offering some of the lowest rates. Lemonade ranks on J.D. Power's customer satisfaction surveys for renters insurance, however, it doesn't rank for life and homeowners insurance.
- Discounts for bundling policies and having multiple pets
- Starts at $10 a month
- Offers a discount for enrolling in an annual payment plan
Are you looking for pet insurance that won't break the bank? Consider Lemonade Pet Insurance, which offers coverage that starts at just $12 per month. In addition, some of Lemonade's cheaper wellness plans provide coverage for wellness checks, preventative care, and extended accident and illness coverage. Whether shopping for a new pet insurance policy or adjusting your current plan, Lemonade's website and app provide easy-to-use quoting tools.
If you have other items to insure, you can save even more. Customers who bundle their pet insurance with coverage for, say, your car or rental will get a 10% discount. You can also get 5% off for paying a full year's premium upfront and a 5% discount per policy for two or more pets. Unfortunately, Lemonade pet insurance is only available in some states. You can check its website or run a quote to find out if Lemonade pet insurance is available for your pets.
Lemonade Pet Insurance Review
Pet Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
The right pet insurance for you will depend on a multitude of factors, including things like your pet's breed and age and the coverages for which you're looking. Insider rated Lemonade pet insurance the best for low-cost coverage, so it could be a good choice if a low monthly cost is your main priority. Also, check out our guides to the best cheap pet insurance , best multi-pet insurance , and best pet insurance in California .
The cost of pet insurance is based on various things, including your pet's age and species, where you live, and the coverage you choose. Most people can expect to pay between $30 and $50 per month for a decent pet insurance plan.
You may want comprehensive pet insurance if your pet is older or more likely to get sick or injured. Ultimately, the best decision for you and your pet depends on your circumstances. You should also compare cost of pet insurance premiums compared to potential pet care costs.
Pet insurance helps families across the world save thousands on vet bills every year. In an emergency, or even for routine care with some insurers, pet parents can reduce their financial burden. In some cases, it could be the difference between a happy pet and saying goodbye.
Recent estimates suggest about 1/2 (44.6%) of pet parents in North America have pet insurance. However, NAPHIA's 2023 State of the Industry Report suggests those numbers are growing substantially from 3.45 million in 2020 to 5.36 million at the end of 2022. This may not account for pet families with multiple pets on the same policies. So the actual number may be higher.
How to Pick The Right Pet Insurance Plan for You
When looking for pet insurance plans, comparing different providers is essential to find the best coverage and price. Some factors to consider include the cost of premiums, the amount of coverage offered, the waiting period for coverage of preexisting conditions, and the reimbursement percentage for veterinary care.
It's also important to read the fine print to understand what is and isn't covered. For example, many pet insurance policies don't cover routine vet care such as vaccinations and annual checkups. It should also be noted that pet insurance companies don't necessarily define "preexisting conditions" the same way every time. For example, some companies provide coverage for "curable" conditions.If your pet needs expensive surgery or treatment, you may only receive a fraction of the cost back from the insurance company.
Pet insurance can be a great way to protect yourself from costly vet bills in an emergency. So, do your homework and shop around to find the best policy for your pet.
Why You Should Trust Us: How We Chose the Best Pet Insurance
When it comes to pet insurance, there are a lot of providers from which to choose. So how do you know which one is the best for your pet?
The factors we considered included, but were not limited to:
- Plan coverage limits
- Exclusions (such as preexisting conditions or hereditary conditions) and exceptions
- Policy pricing
- Available add-ons
- Customer satisfaction
We started by looking at what type of coverage each provider offers. We focused on companies that provided good coverage options and rates, as well as customer service that is friendly and helpful. Finally, we compared plan rates to ensure these providers offered affordable coverage. See our full methodology for rating insurance for more info.
Get a Pet Insurance Quote
Compare quotes from multiple providers in minutes for free online with Petted.
Limited Time Offer - Get Unlimited Access to Motley Fool Stock Advisor for only $89: Stock Advisor takes the guesswork out of stock picks by keeping members informed and educated. A library of expert stock recommendations are only a few clicks away. Join today and start potentially multiplying your net worth. For a limited time, new members get a full year of access for only $89. Join over half a million investors on their investment journey with Stock Advisor.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews, or recommendations expressed in this article are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. Read our editorial standards .
Please note: While the offers mentioned above are accurate at the time of publication, they're subject to change at any time and may have changed, or may no longer be available.
- Español de México
- Español de Bolivia
- Español de Ecuador
- Español de Guatemala
- Español de Panamá
- Español de República Dominicana
- Español de Colombia
- Inglés de Trinidad y Tobago
- (591) 334 24264
- Log in to MY Bupa Opens a new window
- Facility Finder
- Dominican Republic
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Who we are?
- Second medical opinion
- Islas Vírgenes Británicas
- República Dominicana
- Trinidad y Tobago
- Latin America
- Financial Statements (516 kb)
Bupa Global 2023
Bupa México 2023