THE 10 BEST Mt. Cook Village Tours & Excursions
Mt. cook village tours.
- Sightseeing Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Ports of Call Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Walking Tours
- Private Tours
- Scenic Railroads
- Free cancellation
- Up to 1 hour
- 1 to 4 hours
- 4 hours to 1 day
- Likely to Sell Out
- The ranking of tours, activities, and experiences available on Tripadvisor is determined by several factors including the revenue generated by Tripadvisor from these bookings, the frequency of user clicks, and the volume and quality of customer reviews. Occasionally, newly listed offerings may be prioritized and appear higher in the list. The specific placement of these new listings may vary.
1. Mt Cook Small Group Tour from Queenstown with Optional Activities
2. Mt Cook Full Day Tour via Tekapo From Christchurch (Small Group)
3. Full-Day Guided Sightseeing Tour of Mount Cook from Queenstown
4. Mt Cook & Hooker Valley Hike Small Group Tour from Queenstown
5. Queenstown to Christchurch Via Mt Cook & Lake Tekapo Small Group Tour
6. Mt Cook & Lake Tekapo Small Group Tour from Christchurch
7. Christchurch to Queenstown Day Tour Via Tekapo & Mt Cook
8. 25-Minute Helicopter flight including an alpine landing
9. Mt Cook Tour & Heli Hike Combo from Queenstown
10. Mount Cook and The Glaciers Helicopter Flight
11. Christchurch to Queenstown via Tekapo & Mt Cook Small Group Tour
12. Tasman Glacier Heli-Hike
13. Mount Cook Alpine Vista Helicopter Flight
14. Mt Cook Day Tour From Tekapo (Small Group, Carbon Neutral)
15. 45-Minute Glacier Highlights Helicopter Tour from Mount Cook
16. Mt Cook and Lake Tekapo 2 Day Small Group Tour from Queenstown
17. 55-Minute Grand Circle Helicopter
18. Mount Cook Mountains High Helicopter Flight
19. Mt Cook Tour & Ultimate Alpine Experience Combo from Queenstown
20. Queenstown to Mt. Cook One Way Tour
21. Mt Cook to Christchurch via Lake Tekapo Small Group Tour 1 way
22. 55 minute Grand Circle Ski Plane
23. Mount Cook Alpine Explorer Helicopter Flight
24. Mt. Cook to Queenstown Small Group Tour (1-way)
25. Mt Cook One Way Tour From Christchurch Via Lake Tekapo
26. Glentanner High Country Heli Hike
27. Full Day Private Tour to Mt. Cook from Christchurch
28. PRIVATE: Shackleton Glacier Whiskey Flight - 50mins
29. Mt Cook Day Small-Group Tour From Queenstown
30. 45-Minute Glacier Highlights Ski Plane Tour from Mount Cook
What travelers are saying.
- Mt Cook Small Group Tour from Queenstown with Optional Activities
- Mt Cook & Hooker Valley Hike Small Group Tour from Queenstown
- Mt Cook Full Day Tour via Tekapo From Christchurch (Small Group)
- Mt Cook & Lake Tekapo Small Group Tour from Christchurch
- Christchurch to Queenstown Day Tour Via Tekapo & Mt Cook
- Mount Cook Ski Planes & Helicopters by Inflite
- The Helicopter Line Mount Cook
- Glacier Explorers
- Southern Alps Guiding
- Glentanner High Country Heli Hike
Mt. Cook Village: Tours Information
Mount Cook & Queenstown Day Tours
New Zealand’s highest mountain, Mount Cook (Aoraki in Māori) towers 3,724 metres into the sky, providing a stunning backdrop to the beautiful Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park in the centre of the South Island. Declared a World Heritage park in 1986, it boasts over 30 peaks 3,000 metres or higher. It also has five of New Zealand’s largest glaciers, including the Tasman Glacier at 21km in length. Scenic flights over the park provide unparalleled views of the Southern Alps. The region is also renowned for its clear, starry nights and was designated a Dark Sky Reserve in 2012 – the first in the southern hemisphere and the world’s largest, encompassing a 4300 km 2 area.
South of Mount Cook, past the distinctive tussock land of the Mackenzie Country and the vivid blue glacier-fed Lake Tekapo, is the world-renowned tourist destination of Queenstown. This lake and alpine resort is New Zealand’s adventure capital, with things to see and do in Queenstown in all seasons. From bungy jumping to wine tasting, Lord of the Rings film locations to historic gold mining towns and jet boating on the Shotover River, there are activities and attractions in Queenstown to whet every appetite. Sitting close to four excellent skifields, Queenstown is also home to boutique shops and a wide variety of bars and restaurants, making it a great spot to relax and spend time.
Queenstown is the home of bungy jumping – if you dare, launch yourself into the air from the Kawarau Bridge, 43 metres above the Kawarau River. Keep your adrenaline levels high with a jet boat trip on the Shotover River, where the dramatically narrow canyons and high speed ride will take your breath away. Movie buffs will want to visit the Kawarau Gorge, where scenes from The Lord of the Rings were filmed. Queenstown is part of the Central Otago wine region, where some of New Zealand’s best wines are made, especially Pinot Noir. In neighbouring Arrowtown you’ll feel you have stepped back in time to the 1860s when this historic goldmining town was booming. And of course Queenstown is the starting point for most day tours to Milford Sound , New Zealand’s most famous natural attraction.
9 Day Tours to experience
Mount Cook Day Tour: Christchurch to Queenstown
- Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
- Lake Tekapo
from $ 350 NZD
Mount Cook Day Tour: Queenstown to Christchurch
- 11 hours 50 minutes
- Mount Cook scenery
- Glacier lake views
Christchurch To Mount Cook Day Tour: One Way
- 5 hours 20 minutes
- See NZ's highest mountain
- Stunning high country scenery
from $ 250 NZD
Mount Cook to Christchurch Day Tour: One Way
- 5 hours 10 minutes
- Complimentary hotel drop-off
- Stunning South Island Views
Queenstown to Mount Cook Day Tour: One Way
- 4 hours 45 minutes
- Complimentary pickup/drop-off
Mount Cook to Queenstown Day Tour: One Way
- Free Wi-Fi on board coach
Queenstown to Fox Glacier Day Tour
- 7 hours 30 minutes
- See The Southern Alps
- Full-day Sightseeing Tour
from $ 147 NZD
Queenstown to Franz Josef Day Tour
- 8 hours 5 minutes
- Free Cancellation
from $ 155 NZD
Dart River Wilderness Safari
- Mt Aspiring National Park
- Jet boat ride, forest walk & 4WD tour
from $ 322 NZD
You'll receive a full refund if you cancel at least 2 hours in advance of your tour experience.
New Zealand Tours
- City Sightseeing
- Nature & Wildlife
- Lord of the Rings
- Dolphin Watching
- Food & Wine
- Glowworm Cave
- Tours from Auckland
- Tours from Christchurch
- Tours from Rotorua
- Bay of Islands Tours
- Auckland Tours
- Rotorua Tours
- Waitomo Tours
- Hobbiton Tours
- Wellington Tours
- Christchurch Tours
- Mt Cook Tours
- Queenstown Tours
- West Coast Tours
- Milford Sound Tours
- Our Drivers
- Our Coaches
- Hotel Transfers
- Tour Commentary
MT COOK TOUR from queenstown
Mt cook small-group tour from queenstown.
Mt Cook Tour, this small group, fully-guided day trip combines all of the key highlights in the area with the time and options to enjoy extra activities of your choice, unlike many other tours. Led by our famously passionate tour guides, notorious for bringing your journey to life by sharing their stories and rich background knowledge and run in modern, comfortable minibuses packed with extras ensuring your comfort and safety.
- Mt Cook & Aoraki National Park
- Lake Pukaki
- Kawarau Gorge, Lindis Pass, the Southern Alps and High Country Salmon
- Free time for activities & walks
1. Queenstown - Your tour starts in the stunning city of Queenstown. As we drive out of the city your guide will not only set the scene for your adventurous day but also point out and guide you past some of the areas top highlights.
2. Kawarau Suspension Bridge – Departing Queenstown we then make our way through the stunning Kawarau Gorge passing stunning views, the Kawarau Suspension Bridge and the famous Roaring Meg Lookout. Time and light permitting we will stop for that first great shot of the tour.
3. Cromwell – Exiting the Kawarau Gorge we enter the fruit and wine growing region of Cromwell. Passing huge fields of vines, we cross Lake Dunstan and follow this beautiful lake towards Lindis Pass.
4. Lindis Pass – Climbing in altitude, Lindis Pass has amazing views down through the valleys. Being one of only three alpine roads through the otherwise impassable Southern Alps, we stop at the famous lookout at the top of the pass for an essential photo.
5. Omarama – While driving through the endless plains of the Mackenzie district we will spot several of the famous Merino breed of sheep before stopping at the quaint township of Omarama. While in Omarama we have time for a break or even to try the best creamy chicken pie in NZ (in our opinion)!
6. Lake Pukaki – Turning west we begin to enter the Aoraki National Park and Lake Pukaki begins to emerge in front of us. Lake Pukaki is one of the bluest lakes you will ever see and is stunningly framed by the backdrop of Aoraki/Mt Cook and the Southern Alps. We stop for some amazing photos and to just marvel at the sight that we are beholding. It’s not hard to see why many Lord of the Rings scene were filmed nearby and we will point them out for you.
7. Mt Cook Information Centre – Arriving at Mt Cook Village, weather depending, we should get some amazing shots of the mountain itself. At 3724m, Aoraki/Mt Cook is New Zealand’s highest peak, however, the mountain can be viewed without any acclimatisation whatsoever from the village which is just 750m above sea level.
8. Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park – While in the national park you have 3 hours free time to enjoy free walks/hikes or one of the extra optional activities. Some of our recommendations include: The Hooker Valley hike – thought to be one of New Zealand’s most beautiful hikes. Heli Hike - this adventure on the Tasman Glacier is the ultimate way to enjoy the area. Scenic flights – see the region from the air and land on the Tasman Glacier. Whatever you decide to do we will pick you up and drop you off where you need to go and make sure you are well looked after.
9. High Country Salmon - Farewelling Aoraki/Mt Cook Village and making our way back to Queenstown we stop in at High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand.
10. Mrs Jones Fruit Stall – During summer months when the sun is still up as we get close to Queenstown we often stop at Mrs Jones Suncrest Orchard to try or buy her fabulous and delicious local fruit and pies.
11. Queenstown – Sadly the tour must come to an end as we re-enter Queenstown and say our goodbyes.
- Small Group
- Fully Guided Tour
- Bottled Water & Snacks
- One-way flight from Mt Cook to Queenstown
- One-way tour from Queenstown to Christchurch via Mt Cook
- Scenic flights with Glacier landings
- Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre
While the destinations you will be visiting are truly spectacular, we at Cheeky Kiwi Travel believe it is our small groups, our guides, the journey and the little details that set our tours well apart. Secret stops, wildlife viewings, specially designed vehicles, complementary refreshments and many other pleasant surprises ensure our tours are an experience to remember.
Mt Cook Scenic Tour
Book now to travel in November and save $20 per person with the promo code MTCOOKNOV.
Error: Contact form not found.
- Glacier Lake with Icebergs in Mt Cook
- Hooker Valley Track in Mt Cook
- Scenic drive to Aoraki Mt Cook
- Hermitage at Mt Cook
- Lake Pukaki
Embark on an adventure with a billion star rating.
On this full-day Mount Cook Scenic Tour from Queenstown (12 hours) you will experience the unique alpine landscapes as you travel with us from Queenstown through Mackenzie Country and into Aoraki Mt Cook National Park, with free time in Mount Cook Village to enjoy local walks or activities.
Your Adventure Begins
Start your day by meeting our friendly local guide at or near your Queenstown accommodation. You’ll travel in style in a premium Mercedes van designed for touring with only 16 seats onboard. As we depart Queenstown, the first leg of our journey takes us through the Central Otago wine regions of Gibbston and Cromwell. We then cross the dramatic Lindis Pass before making a brief stop in Omarama for refreshments and an opportunity to purchase lunch (highly recommended for those planning to hike, Heli Hike, or join the Glacier Explorers experience).
Welcome to Mackenzie Country
The scenery transforms as we enter Mackenzie Country, and our guide will entertain you with stories and interesting facts as we trace the edge of the Southern Alps. Along the way, we’ll pass a network of lakes and canals near Twizel, renowned for its fishing of fresh Mt Cook Alpine salmon. Once we veer off the main road, we’ll follow the bright blue waters of Lake Pukaki before arriving at Mt Cook Village.
Mount Cook Adventure
Welcome to Mt Cook! Arriving at approximately 12 p.m., you’ll have around 3.5 hours to explore at your leisure.
- Enjoy a hike on one of the local tracks (self-guided)
- Fly onto the Tasman Glacier for a Heli Hike experience
- Join a remarkable scenic ski plane or helicopter flight
- Take a boat trip on the Tasman Glacier Lake with Glacier Explorers
- Explore Mt Cook Village – visit The Sir Edmund Hillary Centre (included for all Altitude Tours guests) and/or enjoy lunch at a local cafe.
The Journey Back
At approximately 3:30pm, rejoin our guide and van to start the return journey to Queenstown. Sit back, relax, and take in the views. This day tour spans approximately 12 hours, and our smaller vehicles and attentive guide ensure your comfort and entertainment throughout the journey.
Please note: activities are an additional cost and options can vary depending on availability, weather, and season. The walking trails are self-guided, your guide will ensure you are dropped to the right location and share with you tips to ensure you have the best experience.
For those wishing to join an activity in Mt Cook Village, y ou can add on select activities at the time of booking or book one of our Mt Cook Combos.
Travel in style.
Our Mercedes vans are fully equipped with complimentary wifi and panoramic windows for superior viewing so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
Mt Cook Tour FAQ's
How long does the mt cook tour take.
The full day trip takes approximately 12 hours from Queenstown. This allows us to make plenty of stops enroute to ensure you enjoy the journey as well as getting to spend a few hours in Mt Cook doing sightseeing, walking or an activity of choice.
What activity options do I have in Mt Cook?
A scenic flight or glacier heli hike are incredible activities to see the stunning mountains and glaciers from the air. These activities must be pre booked.
Are there walking tracks on the Mt Cook tour?
Yes! Two of the most popular walks are the Hooker Valley Track and the Tasman Glacier lookout, both great options for things to do on your Mt Cook day trip. Please note these are self guided!
How many people will be on this tour?
Our minimum numbers are 4pax and maximum numbers are 16pax.
What is the minimum age for this tour? Is this tour family friendly?
There is no minimum age for this tour, it’s a great day out for older kids seeing the beautiful scenery! It is of course a long day of travel which can be challenging for babies, and young children.
What should we do for lunch and snacks?
En route we will stop at a cafe, and in Mt Cook, there are some dining options.
If you plan to do a hike or an activity longer than 1 hour, you should bring food with you from Queenstown, or there is opportunity to purchase this on the drive to Mt Cook.
What stops will we make along the tour?
We don’t want to give too much away! The drive from Queenstown to Mt Cook is stunning and there are plenty of scenic stops enroute, your guide knows the best spots and will choose these on the day.
Can I see icebergs on this tour?
Yes! You’ll need to do one of the scenic flights, boats or walks to see the glacial lakes with icebergs.
Where do you pick up and drop off from?
We pick up from select Queenstown hotels and the main bus stop routes in Queenstown town centre and along Frankton Road. When booking, type in your accommodation and it will suggest the closest bus stop. If it doesn’t come up just check in with us and we’ll let you know where is closest for you!
What happens in the case of poor weather?
As this is a weather dependent tour, if there is risk of adverse weather conditions that will impact the operation of the tour, you will be contacted the day prior to your trip to explore alternative options.
Why can't I reserve seats?
Due to this being one of our most popular tours and wanting to be fair to all who join us we do not offer reserved seating. If you have a request we will do our best to accommodate but we cannot guarantee.
What should I wear on a day tour to Mount Cook?
Whether you are walking, sightseeing, taking a scenic flight, Heli Hike, or just exploring the village, Mount Cook is an alpine environment so it is important to bring warm clothes, a rain jacket, and comfortable shoes for walking (waterproof shoes are recommended for those doing a walk).
If you are planning to do a Heli Hike, please do not wear denim/jeans.
Multi-award winning tour operator., activity add-ons..
Activities are an additional cost and weather dependent. Minimum numbers apply.
Mt Cook Ski Planes
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Heli Hike on Tasman Glacier
More Small Group Tours.
Milford sound scenic tour & cruise, milford sound tour, cruise & scenic flight, milford sound tour, cruise & helicopter, milford sound private tours, best of queenstown scenic tour, glenorchy scenic tour.
Boil Water Notice
There is an official boil water notice for some areas of Queenstown. For specific locations and up to date advice check the QLDC website below.
- Queenstown Airport
- Maps & Visitor Guides
- Autumn in Queenstown Winter in Queenstown Spring in Queenstown Summer in Queenstown Weather & Forecast
- Arrowtown, New Zealand Gibbston, New Zealand Glenorchy, New Zealand Kingston, New Zealand Fiordland, New Zealand Wanaka, New Zealand Central Otago, New Zealand
- Planning & Packing
- Event Planning in Queenstown
- Visitor Services Transport Services Wellness & Beauty Event Services Business & Professional Services
- Accessible Activities Accessible Accommodation Accessible Eateries
- Air Adventures Bungy, Swing & Zip Land Adventures Water Adventures Indoor Thrills
- Culture & Heritage
- Submit an Event
- Fishing & Hunting Mountaineering & Climbing Nature & Wildlife Skiing & Snowboarding Walking & Hiking Water Sports
- Scenic Cruises Scenic Flights Scenic Tours Scenic Attractions Movie Location Tours
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Walking & Hiking
- Spa & Massage Yoga Hot Pools Gyms & Pilates Hair, Makeup & Beauty Physiotherapy
- Wineries & Breweries
- Backpackers & Hostels
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Holiday Parks & Camping Grounds
- Holiday Rentals
- Hotels & Resorts
- Lodges & Retreats
- Serviced Apartments
- Cafés & Bakeries
- Dessert & Ice Cream Shops
- Pubs, Bars & Clubs
- Takeaways & Delivery
- Wineries & Cellar Doors
- Brewery & Craft Beer Tours
- Autumn in Queenstown
- Winter in Queenstown
- Spring in Queenstown
- Summer in Queenstown
- Weather & Forecast
- See & Do in Arrowtown
- Stay in Arrowtown
- Eat & Drink in Arrowtown
- Shopping in Arrowtown
- Gibbston, New Zealand
- Things to Do in Glenorchy
- Stay in Glenorchy
- Eat & Drink in Glenorchy
- Stay in Kingston
- See & Do in Kingston
- See & Do in Fiordland
- Wanaka, New Zealand
- Central Otago, New Zealand
- Information Centres
- Coach & Bus Services
- Rental Cars
- Taxis & Shuttles
- Limousines & Luxury Transport
- Campervans & Motorhomes
- Wellness & Beauty
- AV & Equipment Hire
- Event Management
- Team Building
- Bands & Entertainment
- Accountants & Law Firms
- Employment Agencies
- Creative Services
- Real Estate
- Print Services
- Local Services
- Accessible Activities
- Accessible Accommodation
- Accessible Eateries
- Air Adventures
- Bungy, Swing & Zip
- Land Adventures
- Jet Boating
- Indoor Thrills
- Fishing & Hunting
- Mountaineering & Climbing
- Nature & Wildlife
- Guided Walks & Hikes
- Hiking Equipment Hire
- Track Transport
- Short Walks in Queenstown
- Day Walks & Hikes in Queenstown
- Water Sports
- Scenic Cruises
- Airplane Flights
- Helicopter Flights
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Off Road Tours
- City & Region Tours
- Quad Biking & Buggy Tours
- Horse Riding
- Motorcycle Tours
- Scenic Attractions
- Movie Location Tours
- Spa & Massage
- Gyms & Pilates
- Hair, Makeup & Beauty
Mt Cook Day Tour from Queenstown
On this Mt Cook Day Tour from Queenstown, you will experience the unique alpine landscapes of the Southern Alps as you travel with us from Queenstown through Mackenzie Country and into Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, home to snow-capped mountains, impressive glaciers, and New Zealand’s highest peak, Aoraki Mt Cook (‘Cloud Piercer’).
Departing from Queenstown at 7.30 am, we will enjoy visiting iconic central South Island locations such as Cromwell, Lindis Pass, Omarama, Twizel, and the bright turquoise waters of Lake Pukaki before entering Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. Enjoy 3.5 hours (approx.) in Mt Cook Village. Take this time to enjoy one of the many optional activities or walk available in the area.
Packages are available which include Scenic Heli Flights, Heli Hikes, Glacier Explorer and flyback options.
Altitude's Mt Cook tours are limited to a maximum of 16 passengers, ensuring small groups so everyone can enjoy the best New Zealand hospitality that we have to offer, as well as enjoy lots of fun and informative commentary from your local guide and plenty of sightseeing stops along the way.
- Premium transport in a Mercedes Sprinter van
- A personal small group tour (max 16 passengers)
- Multiple scenic stops throughout the spectacular central South Island
- Informative and entertaining commentary from an experienced guide
- Approximately 3.5 hours in Mt Cook Village to enjoy optional activities or local short walks
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Complimentary select Queenstown hotel transfers
Altitude Tours is an award-winning small group tour operator. They were the winners of the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and were nominated for Visitor Experience at both the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards, and at the TECNZ awards 2022.
- Adult: $249 Adult Glacier Explorer: $439 Adult Heli Hike: $1045 Adult Ultimate Alpine Experience: $729 Adult Heli Flight: $579
- Transport in a premium Mercedes van, equipped with panoramic windows, leather interior, and Wi-Fi.
- Monday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Info: Private tours and charters are available on a request basis. Contact us to find out about our availability and pricing
- Group Reservation Email: [email protected]
- Group Capacity: 16
- Self Contained Units
- Basic Units
- Large Standard Units
- Smaller Standard Units
- Power Sites
- Non-Powered Sites
- High Country Heli Hike
- Helicopter Flights
- Tasman Glacier Heli-Hiking
Glacier Explorers Boat Trip
- Billion Star Dining
- Scenic Plane Flights
- Glacier by Kayak
- Mountain Biking
- Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail
- Hunting & Fishing
- Mt Cook Education
- School Reviews
- Terms & Conditions
- Glentanner Station
- Tasman Delta Cafe
- Merino Mink Collection
- Guest Reviews
- Mt Cook Region
- Winter in Mt Cook
The Glacier Explorers Boat Trip is a must-do Aoraki Mount Cook activity. Explore the Tasman Glacier by boat and touch icebergs!
Please contact us if you would like to book a trip with glacier explorers. you can also book glacier explorers and other aoraki/ mount cook activitie s in conjunction with your accommodation booking ., glacier explorers details.
Glacier Explorers 2.5 hour trip is a great way to experience the Tasman Glacier - New Zealand's largest glacier - in the most unique way possible.
Imagine pulling up alongside a huge dripping iceberg that landed at the top of the Glacier in the form of snow, and approximately 300 years later, being able to touch it as ice.
After a refreshing half hour walk to the terminal lake of the Tasman Glacier, an experienced guide will whisk you away in a stable boat to explore the melting ice face of the Tasman Glacier and icebergs that have carved into its murky waters.
The lake feels incredibly eerie as the boat cruises slowly for one hour, from one point of interest to the next whilst the guide imparts the history of the glacier, lake and Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, allowing you to build your own picture to the unique nature of the area.
All this plus an awesome backdrop of New Zealand's highest and most spectacular mountains, including Aoraki Mount Cook and Mount Tasman.
September/October/May/June: 9am; 10.45am; 12.30pm; 2.15pm.
November - April: 8am; 9.45am; 11.30am; 1.15pm; 3pm; 4.45pm.
Season: Operates September - June. Seasonal closure July and August.
The Hermitage Hotel, Mount Cook Village .
Allow approximately 2.5 hours total per trip (60 minutes on the lake).
Guests must be fit and able to walk the 1.5km to/from the lake edge in 25 minutes. .
Children 4 - 14 years
Strictly no children under the age of 4.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars (and are subject to change).
- Check Availability
- Tekapo ⇔ Mt Cook
- One day trip to Mt Cook
- Tekapo Village Shuttle
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact form
- CONTACT US
- Day Trip: Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park
$149.00 per adult
Duration: 7.5 hours (approx.) *You will automatically receive a pending email, and the payment form will be sent within 24 hours. *If the tour does not meet the minimum number of passenger requirements, we may not be able to confirm your booking.
Meeting point 8:00 AM
Our meeting point for the tour is the car park at Four Square market.
Peter’s lookout 9:00 AM One of the best views of Lake Pukaki and Aoraki(Mt Cook),and the surrounding Southern Alps is absolutely stunning, making it a must-visit spot.
Hermitage Hotel 9:30 AM If you prefer not to participate in the hiking activity, you can choose to disembark at the hotel and reassemble at 3pm.
Tasman Glacier 9:40 AM
For a memorable experience, consider exploring a brief walking track boasting magnificent views of the Tasman Glacier (New Zealand’s longest glacier) and Terminal Lake. Please note that this track is relatively short but does involve ascending approximately 300 steps.
Hooker Valley track 10:30 AM You are free to walk at your own pace on this self-guided walk. We will pick you up whenever it suits you, and take you to the Hermitage Hotel. Enjoy your free time in the village until the return time. If you are not very keen on long day hiking, alternative short walking tracks are available around Mount Cook village.
Hermitage Hotel 3:00 PM
Please gather in front of the hotel at 3pm to return to Lake Tekapo. If you are engaged in another activity or require pickup from a different location, please inform the driver on the day of the tour.
Lake Pukaki 3:50 PM
A brief stop is scheduled at Lake Pukaki, allowing time for taking photos and visiting the Alpine Salmon Shop.
Lake Tekapo 4:30 PM
The group returns to the village around 4:30pm. Please ask our driver if you require a drop-off at your accommodation. (The end time may be delayed by approximately 30 minutes.)
Aoraki Mount Cook is the highest mountain in New Zealand and holds significant historical importance. This region is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site and is known as Te Wāhipounamu, meaning “the place of greenstone” and representing the preciousness of the South Island. Aoraki Mount Cook offers stunning natural beauty, with its mountainous terrain, glaciers, lakes, and breathtaking valleys. Visitors can enjoy various outdoor activities such as mountaineering, hiking, climbing, and scenic flights by helicopter or ski plane. Alongside the outdoor activities, the Hermitage Hotel offers additional attractions such as a planetarium, the Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre museum, and a café-bar restaurant, ensuring that all visitors can find enjoyment during their visit. In recent years, Tekapo has expanded its accommodation options for international tourists, making it more convenient to embark on day trips from Tekapo to Mount Cook.
- 240v, USB charging
- Helicopter flights
- Snow plane experience
- Glacier walking experience